Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1918p Buffalo "2- Feather?"

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 15, 2023 6:36PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Had this in my inventory. Want to post on Ebay.
Would you guys say it is the 2 - Feather variety?
Thank You, all.

BIG MONEY, if it is!
:*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im no expert but i can see the outline on yours. Dont know how much needs to be gone to be true 2 feather.

Here is with feather:

Here is a true 2 feather:

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say no. It certainly looks like remnants of the third feather in your second obverse photo.

• Options
    edited March 15, 2023 7:17PM

If i were looking for a 2 feather and saw yours for sale, i would pass. Too much outline showing, feather wasn't totally polished off the die yet on your strike.

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys.
    :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also see the outline of the feather... would say it would not be the true two feather coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would still get the attribution, based on others I've seen.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the late Ron Pope, to be a 2 feather there should be NO trace of it.

Here is a list of documented 2 feather coins that he listed, in order of rarity:

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    blaircountycoinblaircountycoin Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing the list. I currently have #6 for sale on my Ebay site.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

But at least the nickel is nice and shiny. ;)

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's from his book.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2023 7:40PM

Won this on the bay tonight for $25. Wasn't listed as a 2 feather, just a 1918 S. Fingers crossed until it comes in. Ill have to investigate that little shadow or dirt area.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1918-P looks good (2F) to me.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shane6596 said:
    Won this on the bay tonight for $25. Wasn't listed as a 2 feather, just a 1918 S. Fingers crossed until it comes in. Ill have to investigate that little shadow or dirt area.

That's a two feather for sure.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shane6596 said:

I'm the ebay seller and I am not happy that you cherrypicked me. Thanks for alerting me. I will cancel the sale now. :D

Actually, I'm not the seller, but they could be a member here or someone could alert them. Past advice from others has always been to keep ebay scores close to the vest until in hand.

• Options

Ill keep that in mind for next time. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file