Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Top Pop. 1960 D LD Cent

AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 15, 2023 5:38PM in U.S. Coin Forum

MS66BN pop 1/0. Actually the only 66BN in the top 3 grading companies.

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your coin? Pictures?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭✭

You screen shot cert but then don't provide a picture of the coin holdered with the cert. Something wrong with this picture.

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options

Damn, very nice!

• Options
    edited March 15, 2023 6:03PM

@Tramp said:
    You screen shot cert but then don't provide a picture of the coin holdered with the cert. Something wrong with this picture.

If you see it’s an order screenshot meaning grades posted today. TruViews aren’t immediate.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're sorry, that certification number was not found. Please double check the number and try again. To speak with PCGS Customer Service, call us at (800) 447-8848.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@cheezhed said:
    We're sorry, that certification number was not found. Please double check the number and try again. To speak with PCGS Customer Service, call us at (800) 447-8848.

Grades just posted today. It takes a day or two to populate.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your top pop!

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Riley1955Riley1955 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Congrats. Just picked up a MS65RD.

• Options

@AlanSki said:

. TruViews aren’t immediate.

Good, seeing the actual coin instead of a glam photo is quite nice.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@AlanSki said:

. TruViews aren’t immediate.

Good, seeing the actual coin instead of a glam photo is quite nice.

More to your liking?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanSki ... Congratulations on your top pop.... Nice coin... Now, if I can dig out a MS67... :D;) Not really... Enjoy your really nice coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks RB from the photos.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Looks RB from the photos.

My thought as well when I first saw the photos.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 11:19AM

Nice coin and I love the look. I'm not a collector of moderns and I have a serious question. With mintage of 1.5 billion coins, is this coin worth anything and are you concerned that there may be hundreds, or thousands, or hundreds of thousands of finer coins out there? Again, to each his or her own, I am not trying to be smug, I really like the coin, and it even looks nicer than 66bn to me, but are these coins a thing?

I guess, like some Jefferson Nickel dates, there is a reason that the finest known is a 66.

Tom

• Options

@TPRC said:
    Nice coin and I love the look. I'm not a collector of moderns and I have a serious question. With mintage of 1.5 billion coins, is this coin worth anything and are you concerned that there may be hundreds, or thousands, or hundreds of thousands of finer coins out there? Again, to each his or her own, I am not trying to be smug, I really like the coin, and it even looks nicer than 66bn to me, but are these coins a thing?

I guess, like some Jefferson Nickel dates, there is a reason that the finest known is a 66.

For now it is the finest BN out of the top 3 firms. I’ll take that for now.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 1:08PM

@TPRC said:

The key here is finest known for the color designation, there are several MS67 in the red color designation. Brown Lincoln cents are not very highly sought after unless they are very colorful. And even that is a relatively recent movement which came about by the heavy promotion of a few registry collectors and sets, and most of that has been for the wheat coins. So as you guessed there has not been a demand or a reason to submit brown memorial cents for grading. Even today I think the demand for brown coins, even colorful ones, is a thin market, for sure there is one just not a huge one.

With that said, I'm sure there are a few registry players that would pay up for this while it is a pop 1/1.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file