Home Sports Talk

The Bucs have replaced Tom Brady

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

One year contract, worth up to $8.5 million. This will be Mayfield's fourth team in the last three years and will likely be his last shot at proving himself as a reliable starting quarterback.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

8.5 million is not a big risk for them, Baker best make it work as his options are going to be limited if this don't work out

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2023 1:02PM

Lotsa luck Mayfield! Actually I should say "Lotsa Luck Tampa Bay Fans"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the guy, I hope he can make it work. Meanwhile, I just got news that we signed Andy Dalton.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh man, Baker. I do root for the guy, but Tommy is a hard act to follow.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@doubledragon said:
    I like the guy, I hope he can make it work. Meanwhile, I just got news that we signed Andy Dalton.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope it works out for him......But I have my doubts.
    Anyway, He was the highlight in an otherwise dismal Rams season.... I enjoyed watching him play...

Good Luck!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should do more of those insurance commercials. Only this time he and his wife have moved, new city, new house (new stadium). One problem...they can't get rid of the goat smell. 😜

@doubledragon said:

Put some respect on the red rifle's name. 🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Put some respect on the red rifle's name. 🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

We'll see how he does for my cats, until then he's just a BB gun.

The Red Rifle is maybe a step.ahead of Mr.September aka "Ryan Fitzmagic"

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Baker is Flick

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

Dear Tampa, er, ah, er, ah, did ya see the stats below b4 you shelled out $8.5 million big ones? Mariota would have cost you 1/2 that and you would have received a qb with more than double the qbr (just one example)............

Well, as they say, or I do, 'last and least'

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    LOL
    did ya see the stats below b4 you shelled out $8.5 million big ones? Mariota would have cost you 1/2 that and you would have received a qb with more than double the qb rating.

Well, according to that stat sheet, the only place he can go is UP. :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@Steven59 said:

Well, according to that stat sheet, the only place he can go is UP. :D

Maybe this year more qb's will qualify on that stat sheet, we could be seeing, well, 33rd for BM?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is equal to when Bill Belichick replaced Brady with Cam Neally.

Tampa fans are going to be wishing for a return of blackouts before this season is over.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

Tampa fans are going to be wishing for a return of blackouts before this season is over.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, the team will be the pits. The bucks will be at the bottom of their weak weak division. I have two other teams to follow, so I can live with it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Bucs will be 13-4 and the #1 seed book it now.

• Goot2Goot2 Posts: 5
    edited March 23, 2023 10:21PM

I’m in agreement with Joeztalin ;)

Seriously though - not my favorite signing, especially when the franchise is in cap hell for a couple years. That super bowl was worth the next few years though!

edited March 24, 2023 3:17AM

@Joeztalin said:
    Bucs will be 13-4 and the #1 seed book it now.

And would promptly be taken to the woodshed if they even sniffed a playoff spot

edited March 24, 2023 4:05AM

@Goot2 said:

Seriously though - not my favorite signing, especially when the franchise is in cap hell for a couple years. That super bowl was worth the next few years though!

Are you the original Goot from Florida?

I'm talking the young kid with the huge head of hair that was a member here years ago

@perkdog said:

@Goot2 said:

I'm talking the young kid with the huge head of hair that was a member here years ago

And right above him is another account which may be an old member. Both accounts created years ago with only a couple comments. Strange, but this place is always interesting. Lol.

He looks completely Dazed and Confused in this image, that explains his low ball performances..............

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2023 7:57AM

@spacehayduke said:

He looks completely Dazed and Confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gWtrnb4KjU

edited March 24, 2023 8:05AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Goot2 said:

And right above him is another account which may be an old member. Both accounts created years ago with only a couple comments. Strange, but this place is always interesting. Lol.

Oh I'm well aware, that's why I used "Woodshed" lol.

He used to reference that in regards to a team getting beat lol

Hope you hang around JS!

@BillJones said:

Tampa fans are going to be wish

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Goot2 said:

Oh I'm well aware, that's why I used "Woodshed" lol.

He used to reference that in regards to a team getting beat lol

Hope you hang around JS!

He was actually before my time, but I remember you referencing him, and when I look at this account you commented on it last year or so.

This place is great, and I appreciate your efforts @perkdog and everyone else's to get people to stay around and feel comfortable contributing.