Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sunnyvale CA coin show, March 17th and 18th, At Domain Hotel

Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunnyvale Show this week.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show reports please... Many years ago, when I lived in Mountain View, CA., I went to a show in Sunnyvale... Probably not the same one, but it was a good show. Do not recall if I bought anything... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Attended this show today.

Socialized with multiple dealers and hunted for cherries.

Picked up OGP proof sets from 1953, 1956, 1962 and 1963. Harvested multiple Cameo half dollars, two gem+ 1956 Type 1 proof half dollars, two gorgeous 1953 proof half dollars and a possible Cameo 1953 cent that is a blazing orange color.

All half dollars are untoned. One of the 1953 half dollars is, IMO, PF67 or PF68 quality (no hairlines) that warrants Ricko's "Blast White" sticker.

I may post photos later.

• Options

Had late morning work meetings, so 'l'll be attending the show tomorrow.Can't wait!

• Options
    edited March 19, 2023 7:35AM

Sorry, I did not take pictures at the show because it was Saturday and was a bit pressed for time. Good overall turn out for a Saturday. The usual dealers were there, about 30 to 35 +/- booths.

The buzz from many dealers was that silver will go up, one dealer claimed, "Will Skyrocket". Reason given that silver was being used in new/more technologies such as soler-panels. The other reason was the recent bank failures. We shell see...

My purchase:
    Franklin purchase 24, 25, and 26 for my album. 9 more to go...

My 4th Certified Mogan, not the highest grade, but I liked the Obverse and got a good/fair last day of show price.

I do like Mercuries and found these AU in the bargain-bin, did not paid shown price.

I bought this for my Son as it is his Chinese birth sign. Wanted a capsule but there was only a 2 ounce but got this Frist strike label.

Good show as always, will return at the next in the Fall.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file