Home U.S. Coin Forum

Are any of the coin dealers here also jewelers?

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 14, 2023 2:21PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Wondering because i came across this ring that I found years ago. Its Sterling silver. I have no idea what the stones are. There are 8 yellow stones ( 4 to each side of the large central stone ) and a large central stone. Any help would be appreciated.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find. Someone had to be sick losing it.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice looking ring... @thebeav... Thanks for the detail on the stones.... The link only took me to a general shopping site, so not sure what you intended there. @gumby1234 ... Where did you find the ring?? Cheers, RickO

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav Thanks. @ricko I was walking down the street and it was laying next to the curb. It was 7 or 8 years ago.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav the little nubs look to be part of the sterling silver design.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea,I don't know what happened with my link.......
    Here's yellow agate......

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice ring, i like :)

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    I was.......
    The center cabochon stone is a yellow agate. See here. https://vekmt.com/?category_id=461155

The side stones are citrine.
    The little nubs all around the ring are meant to simulate marcasites set in the ring. Unless some of the spots actually contain marcasites. I can't tell in your photo.

Could the side stones be yellow topaz? Or is the color not rich enough in your opinion?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@telephoto1 said:

@thebeav said:

Could the side stones be yellow topaz? Or is the color not rich enough in your opinion?

Yea, just going by color, most likely citrine. Less costly too, and more befitting of a sterling ring.

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:

@telephoto1 said:

@thebeav said:

Yea, just going by color, most likely citrine. Less costly too, and more befitting of a sterling ring.

Agreed. Nice vintage looking ring.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file