Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Amazing eBay buyers...

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 13, 2023 7:51AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

In my recent quest to publicize the sunny side of things, I have had a run of unbelievable buyers. So much so, that I sent them money they didn't ask for!

I bought a collection of Steinbach wooden music boxes. They are carved with very fine features - mostly the damn angel wings. I packed them in triple boxes: air dome inside a box inside a box. I went through 700 linear feet of bubble wrap to ship 20 of them. LOL Yet, 25 to 30% of the time, an angel loses their wings.

One buyer told me the angel lost their wing but wanted nothing. When I asked if I could compensate her, she said "maybe $10" on a $80 music box. I sent her $15...she then bought $1000 worth of boxes from me!

Another buyer had the bottom come loose and smash all the angels wings. When I asked what compensation he wanted, he said "$70?" out of $140. I sent $80 and he asked if I had anymore.

Another buyer bought a book from me. I had misidentified it as a 1st print when it was a second print. It was $25. He said, "it is very nice, maybe we can come to an arrangement?". I said, "how about $10?" He said, "I'd be happier with $5, it does have value." I sent him $7.50.

A fourth buyer bought 4 boxes, one angel lost her wings. I asked if there was anything I could do. He said, "absolutely not. Very common with these, it's an easy glue job." I said, "I can send you glue money." He said, "don't worry about it, just contact me if you buy anymore." I said, "I just bought the last 7 of the estate. I'll send pictures, please lowball me offers." He bought 2 of the 7.

I wish I had a coin story, but I've been mostly selling non-coin items in the last few months. Although I did have a very nice transaction with a gentleman today who bought a couple Canada silver proof sets. He asked if I had anymore. I do. They are in the $75 to $150 range. He just asked for a $10 discount if I was combining shipping. I said, no problem.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf... If I am searching for something special (coin wise), I will send you an inquiry. That kind of customer service is commendable. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Um...kind of shocked you created this thread destined to be closed as it is no where near related to U.S. Coins...more like self promotion. 🤔

I am posting this comment because you would do the same if someone else did this😂🤣

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 7:06AM

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda harsh there Freddie. Didn’t get the impression JM was doing anything but sharing a warm thought. Your response put a chill on that.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Kinda harsh there Freddie. Didn’t get the impression JM was doing anything but sharing a warm thought. Your response put a chill on that.

I get it. Wasn't trying to harsh anyone's mellow but karma is a b....🤣😂

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should probably just start a Vault Box thread.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I get it. Wasn't trying to harsh anyone's mellow but karma is a b....🤣😂

I'm really not sure to what this refers. The only threads I've ever questioned are sales threads that I asked the OP to be move to BST.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing bad about good human stories to balance out the stupid greedy human stories. This ain’t a whines thread.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@ricko said:
    @jmlanzaf... If I am searching for something special (coin wise), I will send you an inquiry. That kind of customer service is commendable. Cheers, RickO

Thank you, but it wasn't really supposed to be about me. The level of understanding by the buyers even when they had a problem is commendable.

I see where you're coming from. And I totally agree.

There are good collectors out there among the trash.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not such a great eBay buyer as I always forget to go back and give grace. But I never trash or had to trash anyone simply by keeping my expectations realistic and my purchases lowww.

• Options

Let's try and stick to coins when posting in the US Coin Forum.
    Though this has been moved to BST, it's not really much of a coins post.

This discussion has been closed.