Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Half Cent Pickups arrived this week.

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are a 1794 Liberty Cap Half Cent and 3 new Draped Bust Half Cents with inhand photos. Give me your opinions of the Cohen#'s if you wish. The 1803 is in an olive oil soak for the verdigris.
Thanks,
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• TonedeafTonedeaf Posts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice pickups!

Shiny things distract me.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love 'em!

peacockcoins

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous!! ... and any Liberty Cap Half Cent that's identifiable is a feat!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the 1803. You did good on all of them

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    I like the 1803. You did good on all of them

Thank you, the 1803 is a C-4 R-3.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice group!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!!! Like em all.

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Nice!

1795 C-6
    1803 C-4
    1804 - I cannot attribute this one, what variety do you think?
    1804 C-9

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Very Nice!

1795 C-6
    1803 C-4
    1804 C-9

The first 1804 is a C-12. Sounds like someone has neglected to buy my book >:)

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice early coppers. I like the 1894 with the large cud over RTY best.

@opportunity
    I have your book amd knew that this 1804 was a C-12. Lol
    Jim

@opportunity said:

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Very Nice!

1795 C-6
    1803 C-4
    1804 C-9

The first 1804 is a C-12. Sounds like someone has neglected to buy my book >:)

Neo was the only one that caught my typo. I mentioned the 1795 as a 1794. Oops! Yaaay, Neo. Sorry about that folks!
    1795...C6b
    1803...C-4
    1804...C-12
    1) Crosslet 4
    2) Top of 4 does not touch bottom of bust
    3) Top of 4 is higher than the zero in the date
    4) Reverse is stemless
    1804 #2...C9

diagnostics for 1795
    Jim

• The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins!

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken... Really nice old copper... Early copper coins have always interested me... Really the common used coin of the times. I have managed to stay away from collecting them (aside from a couple of large cents).... It would become an addiction for me... :D Cheers, RickO

It did to me @Ricko. A little over 2 years ago the Early Large Cent bug bit me and then last winter of 21 the Early Half Cent bug struck. lol
    Here's a look at page 2 of my Meghrig Album so far lacking the 1797.
    Jim

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken... Wow... The bug didn't just bite you... I chomped down and is devouring you bite by bite.... :D:D;) Cheers, RickO

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko - You should totally get into collecting half cents. I love it, and think the series is underrated.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

I have never had as much learning and difficulty and fun all with same coins. Collecting Half Cents and Large Cents is an endeavor in which the learning never seems to end. Only wish I had been bitten 50 years ago. Dang!
    JIm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file