Home U.S. Coin Forum

Received Army Metal Today

pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 10, 2023 12:23PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Looks pretty good. It has a matte finish with no color so whatever color shows in the photo is from the lighting and/or camera.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you like it. I think it could have been done a little better for all the money they are charging.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• erscoloerscolo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the medal. I purchased the two from 2022, and that is it for me on the 2.5 ounce versions.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice medal... They are expensive, but for military vets, likely a necessary addition. Been thinking about the Navy one. Probably get it. Cheers, RickO

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 11:18AM

@ricko said:
    Very nice medal... They are expensive, but for military vets, likely a necessary addition. Been thinking about the Navy one. Probably get it. Cheers, RickO

So far the one ounce version of the first issues has been really nice and they are less $ . Would have liked to get the 2.5 oz versions but happy with the the one ounce. 👍🏼 I, like you, am considering the navy because of pop and grandpa. Perhaps a certified one. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the record, that's a nice MEDAL. How could you tell it really was Army METAL? I mean painted green it would be a clue.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like the sold out which I thought would happen given the number of Army vets. Enjoy!

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a medal, not metal.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file