Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Attempting a new era in my coin hobby life...Live Podcast Tonight! Discussion

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins is that your only eBay account? It would really help to have some feedback.

You might consider sellng $2 bills for $1.50 to generate feedback.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Understood

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    @JoeyCoins is that your only eBay account? It would really help to have some feedback.

I was going to say the same thing, sell some cheap items BIN at bottom dollar prices, even 2 or 3 positive feedback will look better than a goose egg,

• Options

@DeplorableDan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I was going to say the same thing, sell some cheap items BIN at bottom dollar prices, even 2 or 3 positive feedback will look better than a goose egg,

You can also just buy things from the account, of course. I sometimes think selling cheap numismatic items is something of a loss leader that might drive some relevant traffic.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

You can also just buy things from the account, of course. I sometimes think selling cheap numismatic items is something of a loss leader that might drive some relevant traffic.

I don't think you can buy your own items especially to generate your own positive feedbacks.🤔

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I don't think you can buy your own items especially to generate your own positive feedbacks.🤔

Not your own items, he meant buying other seller's items so you receive some positive feedback as a buyer. Even though it's not selling feedback, it's still better than nothing.

• Options

@DeplorableDan said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Not your own items, he meant buying other seller's items so you receive some positive feedback as a buyer. Even though it's not selling feedback, it's still better than nothing.

yes. This.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    @joeykoins Are you selling fixed price or auctions?

Yes, both. Thanks

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Gotcha, good idea, thanks.
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Good idea. Maybe buy some discount postage. It's a win-win for you - positive feedback and cheap stamps.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2023 1:40PM

Why does Ebay seem to keep charging me $5 almost every time I put something up?
    Not always, but some time. It's strange also, that they seem to charge me $5 for revising an item too?
    :*
    Thanks
    Maybe, the recent $5, was from a recent revising?

• Options
    edited March 9, 2023 1:48PM

I just put up an item with a great price.
    I think anyway? I should get some bites on this one, I hope?
    :)
    This, and a random Wartime Nickel.
    For a $15 opening bid.

W/ Free Shipping too

• Options
    edited March 9, 2023 2:37PM

@joeykoins said:
    Why does Ebay seem to keep charging me $5 almost every time I put something up?
    Not always, but some time. It's strange also, that they seem to charge me $5 for revising an item too?
    Thanks
    Maybe, the recent $5, was from a recent revising?

You may have an ad or bold type option selected.

It also costs more to have an auction with a BIN.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    One piece of advice @JoeyCoins, I see you have a lot of auctions ending mid week. The highest day for visibility is Sunday, which is why you see most times that auctions end on Sunday night. My last two auctions had very good results by starting a 10 day auction on Thursday, and timing the item to end about 10:30 pm EST on the second Sunday. By doing that, you maximize the amount of views and watchers you can get on each item.

Good advice!
    Years ago when eBay was mostly auctions and not BINs, I used to score some great deals on coins that had auctions ending on a Tuesday during dinner or evening commute hours.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:

@DeplorableDan said:
    One piece of advice @JoeyCoins, I see you have a lot of auctions ending mid week. The highest day for visibility is Sunday, which is why you see most times that auctions end on Sunday night. My last two auctions had very good results by starting a 10 day auction on Thursday, and timing the item to end about 10:30 pm EST on the second Sunday. By doing that, you maximize the amount of views and watchers you can get on each item.

Good advice!
    Years ago when eBay was mostly auctions and not BINs, I used to score some great deals on coins that had auctions ending on a Tuesday during dinner or evening commute hours.

There’s still some good sniping times. I have found after 10pm Friday and Saturday nights can be fun. It’s close enough to drunk thirty that there’s opportunities and entertainment. Just watched an eBay auction for a 2023 W proof, which are still available for $80 from the mint, sell for $93. Probably not too happy after they sobered up and found their error. Perhaps they never noticed. That happens.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@GiveMeProof said:
    A lot of errors on those Bessies. Are they true DDO and DDR or machine doubling? Can't find Joey, link please?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/jo-205707

Thank you @jmlanzaf.

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 1:01AM

Guys, got 3 offers on my
    "Burning Airplane" quarter!
    1 for $200
    1 for $300
    1 for $500
    :D
    I'm hanging firm to my original price.
    $700
    My good friend, Shaun, from BlueRidgeSilverHound had just featured my gem on his latest video. I trust his wisdom on this baby.
    He didn't flat out and say to NOT sell, but by the way he explained things. That's what went into my ears. :D
    Here's the funny part. Shaun didn't even know that this is my coin! I since relayed the message to him.
    To be continued...
    Thanks
    😊
    Featured right away!
    https://youtu.be/kfFTRvTML3w

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 4:56AM

@joeykoins said:
    I just put up an item with a great price.
    I think anyway? I should get some bites on this one, I hope?
    This, and a random Wartime Nickel.
    For a $15 opening bid.

W/ Free Shipping too

Joey, this piece of advice is free. Next time, I am charging you a consulting fee😉

When posting a slab list it with the same description found on the slab. Get rid of the . between PF68 and put them together (e.g. MS68, PF68).

Also, before listing an item ALWAYS check completed listings to learn the current market value of your coin. See pics below. These auctions show your coin will not sell at your current listing price.

Either offer free shipping for $15 price or reduce your price to below $10. If you want to sell it quickly list it for $8 with free shipping.

• Options

Forgot to mention, no one cares about a random wartime nickel if you get to choose it.

Instead choose it now, take pics and post them with the listing so the buyer knows exactly what they are getting before the purchase 😎

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Forgot to mention, no one cares about a random wartime nickel if you get to choose it.

Instead choose it now, take pics and post them with the listing so the buyer knows exactly what they are getting before the purchase 😎

This is true. Since I doubt anyone will figure the random wartime nickel into their bidding, the other option is to just include it as a free, unexpected gift for the winner. That nice little surprise can build customer loyalty.

• Options

Lol
    You guys are the BEST!
    😊

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 7:25AM

Sure, $500 is a bunch of cash, I get it. Thanks
    However, I feel it's only been presented for a short time. This can be really something bigger than I thought?
    The trigger gets hard to pull!

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Sure, $500 is a bunch of cash, I get it. Thanks
    However, I feel it's only been presented for a short time. This can be really something bigger than I thought?
    The trigger gets hard to pull!

And what happens when a second one is found and posted on Ebay?🤔

Take the $500...it's a gift!😎🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins - Congratulations; that is a great first sale!

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

ebay has been good to me over the years. Been selling there 22 years now. Let the pics do your talking. Any issues be sure you mention them or you'll get returns. Good luck.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! Congrats on your first sale!! Hopefully, the first of many more...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

I'd like to thank all my supporters and advisors. I like to also thank the Academy...

No, seriously guys. I thank you all from the bottom of my Heart!
    <3

• Options

This is for you Joey!

• Options
    c0injunkyc0injunky Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

Best of luck Joey!

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! I think my first sale in 1997 was a $1.00 shot glass, not quite $500.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Guys, guys!

I just took the $500 offer!
    YES! I took it, from the guy that asked me, $300.
    Now, guys how do I end the post with SOLD?
    Oh? I see now, thanks 😊

You got pretty d—- lucky! It often takes months to sell PCGS certified errors for popular issues. I’m shocked frankly.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Project Numismatics said:
    You got pretty d—- lucky! It often takes months to sell PCGS certified errors for popular issues. I’m shocked frankly.

Per PT Barnum: "No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public".

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2023 3:23PM

I collected SBAs when I was a kid, was always on a mission to increase circulation and utilization of $1 coins, id buy rolls of them and spend them all the time. I have a complete set of toned SBA dollars in an album. I will be thrilled to add this SBA to my collection look forward to having it in hand. Thanks for sharing the pictures and links!

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Second the motion. I'm rather shocked that anyone would even offer that for such a minor error.

It’s because it’s an error with a cool nickname that fits it well. Excellent marketing.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:

Second the motion. I'm rather shocked that anyone would even offer that for such a minor error.

It’s because it’s an error with a cool nickname that fits it well. Excellent marketing.

No doubt, but I think most buyers avoid uncertified errors from sellers with 0 feedback!

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 10:57PM

I think, besides the obvious. What boosted interest in my coin was the fact that this New quarter resembles last year's 2022p Airmen "Burning Building" Strike Through. It was a spectacular success, as well. Went for high premiums too! The way that both Strike Throughs, have that "burning" appearance.
    Which end up making my coin an overnight success!
    Plus, Shaun, promoting it on his recent video.
    Thanks Shaun!
    <3

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the first sale, Joey!
    Many more to come, I’m sure.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    A lot of errors on those Bessies. Are they true DDO and DDR or machine doubling? Can't find Joey, link please?

All the ones I have found and seen so far on eBay are machine doubling

• Options

@rec78 said:

Maybe so, however, they appear to still sell?

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 9:41AM

Yes, they sell because they are very easy to see without a glass.
    @joeykoins said:

@rec78 said:

Maybe so, however, they appear to still sell?

So far, I have found 30 in 20 rolls that I have searched (80 rolls to go). Some people will buy anything. I will sell a group of maybe 5 or 6 in one lot on eBay. There are a lot of them around, at least in what I have found so far. As the saying goes "you need to make hay while the sun shines", so I better hurry up and sell them before demand wains.

I am happy that you sold the error you found for $500. I am hoping to find something similar in the last eighty rolls that I have to search. You can't hold out for top dollar on stuff like this. Sell while the iron is hot. Lov' ya Joey, catch you later.

• Options

@rec78 said:

You can't hold out for top dollar on stuff like this. Sell while the iron is hot. Lov' ya Joey, catch you later.

I guess so? I myself, have accumulated approx. 20-30 doubled initials, as well.
    Now, I'm talking the best doubling, where the "E" is separate from the original E.
    Thank you, my friend. Love ya too!
    This is very exciting, isn't it?
    What others are missing out on, boy!

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@rec78 said:

You can't hold out for top dollar on stuff like this. Sell while the iron is hot. Lov' ya Joey, catch you later.

I guess so? I myself, have accumulated approx. 20-30 doubled initials, as well.
    Now, I'm talking the best doubling, where the "E" is separate from the original E.
    Thank you, my friend. Love ya too!
    This is very exciting, isn't it?
    What others are missing out on, boy!

I’m considering taking the seller plunge and find your willingness to report on your progress and share your adventures with us, to be very generous and educational. Thanks buddy 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Guys, check this out!

https://youtu.be/-1vdWK6uebU

• Options
    edited March 13, 2023 2:23AM

Live Podcast

Come join us.
    Monday Night @ 7:30 Central
    https://www.youtube.com/live/TWjQATGjDXU?feature=share

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2023 2:39AM

@joeykoins said:

Guys, check this out!

https://youtu.be/-1vdWK6uebU

Very nice!

Go to minute 27:46!

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2023 2:33AM

@joeykoins said: