Home Sports Talk

What if Aaron Rodgers had been Patriots quarterback?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for kicks, imagine Aaron Rodgers had been teamed up with Bill Belichick and he was the quarterback for the Patriots instead of Tom Brady for all those years, how many Super Bowls do you think they would have won?

Comments

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I say they would have won 1 Super Bowl, and then Aaron Rodgers would have turned into Brett Favre.

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    double d i think it may be time for an intervention my friend

    c'mon, let's go imbibe some shots............plural

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd still call him out for being a primadona

  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

    DD why you trying to do Pats fans dirty like this? Don't put this fool on us lol. 😉

    Honestly,he's talented enough to probably have won one or two SBs here but he doesn't seem like the type to buy into the Patriot way where he'd have given up salary to help the team like Brady did.

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What if Aaron Rodgers had been Patriots quarterback?

    then what team would Tom Brady be on???

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Everyone you'll have to excuse me for starting this thread, I'm not well right now, I'm suffering from FWS.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those who say that with Rodgers the Patriots would have been ever more successful are patently obtuse.

    DD, Brady is the GOAT. The End

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    Those who say that with Rodgers the Patriots would have been ever more successful are patently obtuse.

    DD, Brady is the GOAT. The End

    This should bring back some memories.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GroceryRackPack said:
    What if Aaron Rodgers had been Patriots quarterback?

    then what team would Tom Brady be on???

    Raiders, he would look awesome in Silver and Black. I was actually hoping he would come back for the 2023 season and play with Las Vegas, I was going to collect cards of him in a Raiders uniform but it looks like my plans aren't going to work out. I always loved the Raiders uniforms, the Silver and Black is intimidating, it reminds me of those 70s Raiders teams, they were fierce.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yeah, and it's weird, the whole Jordan Love situation, the kid just can't get rid of Rodgers.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @thisistheshow said:
    Those who say that with Rodgers the Patriots would have been ever more successful are patently obtuse.

    DD, Brady is the GOAT. The End

    This should bring back some memories.

    ....
    Yes, I believe that was his first preseason action. First pass going to my HS classmate Sean Morey. Of course Brady saw very limited action that season and to many was an after thought until he ran in to take over for Bledsoe against the Jets the following season.

    Brady had always been confident, as evidenced by his now legendary run in with Patriots owner Bob Kraft earlier that same preseason. For anyone who doesn't know, Brady was leaving the facility with a pizza under his arm (pre TB12 diet days) and he ran into Kraft. Brady went to introduce himself. Kraft told him that he knew he was, their 6th round pick. Brady told Kraft that drafting him was the best decision the franchise had ever made. Kraft of course walked away thinking "WTH?"🤣 But Kraft now looooves to tell this story.

    I have mentioned before that I have read much about Brady's days at Michigan and his pre-starting days in NE. Due to Brady's success there are countless oral histories written in both books and articles and told in interviews and documentaries. Brady was something very special by his last year in college. He had faced struggles, as many college athlete do. The fear of being benched, or the possible need to transfer for his opportunity, were situations he went through.

    Brady credits much of his success to a man named Greg Harden. Harden was a sort of life coach, motivational counselor employed by Michigan and Brady was going to him on a regular basis. The following will probably get lost...many have already checked out of such a long Brady comment...lol...anyway, therapy and counseling is an amazing tool. It has helped me immensely. I was doing it for a long time before things got better for me, and continue now that much has improved, because success is relative and I still need it. In doing all of this, I have learned a lot. The talking points, how to help people, etc. And I feel as though open discourse as well as being open to help and suggestion are critical. In case anyone has or hasn't noticed, I tend to speak a bit openly and sometimes differently than some in terms of my conversation style. It would be more apparent in person. I like to keep things open and honest. If anyone here ever wants to talk about anything, PM me, I'm serious. But anyway, back to sports...

    One point to add...Brady has demonstrated many good qualities that are to be appreciated. Yes, for me he is the GOAT, but as I've said I take issue with some of his larger personal beliefs and actions. He is not my hero. But he is the undisputed, indisputable GOAT QB.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @thisistheshow said:
    Those who say that with Rodgers the Patriots would have been ever more successful are patently obtuse.

    DD, Brady is the GOAT. The End

    This should bring back some memories.

    ....
    Yes, I believe that was his first preseason action. First pass going to my HS classmate Sean Morey. Of course Brady saw very limited action that season and to many was an after thought until he ran in to take over for Bledsoe against the Jets the following season.

    Brady had always been confident, as evidenced by his now legendary run in with Patriots owner Bob Kraft earlier that same preseason. For anyone who doesn't know, Brady was leaving the facility with a pizza under his arm (pre TB12 diet days) and he ran into Kraft. Brady went to introduce himself. Kraft told him that he knew he was, their 6th round pick. Brady told Kraft that drafting him was the best decision the franchise had ever made. Kraft of course walked away thinking "WTH?"🤣 But Kraft now looooves to tell this story.

    I have mentioned before that I have read much about Brady's days at Michigan and his pre-starting days in NE. Due to Brady's success there are countless oral histories written in both books and articles and told in interviews and documentaries. Brady was something very special by his last year in college. He had faced struggles, as many college athlete do. The fear of being benched, or the possible need to transfer for his opportunity, were situations he went through.

    Brady credits much of his success to a man named Greg Harden. Harden was a sort of life coach, motivational counselor employed by Michigan and Brady was going to him on a regular basis. The following will probably get lost...many have already checked out of such a long Brady comment...lol...anyway, therapy and counseling is an amazing tool. It has helped me immensely. I was doing it for a long time before things got better for me, and continue now that much has improved, because success is relative and I still need it. In doing all of this, I have learned a lot. The talking points, how to help people, etc. And I feel as though open discourse as well as being open to help and suggestion are critical. In case anyone has or hasn't noticed, I tend to speak a bit openly and sometimes differently than some in terms of my conversation style. It would be more apparent in person. I like to keep things open and honest. If anyone here ever wants to talk about anything, PM me, I'm serious. But anyway, back to sports...

    One point to add...Brady has demonstrated many good qualities that are to be appreciated. Yes, for me he is the GOAT, but as I've said I take issue with some of his larger personal beliefs and actions. He is not my hero. But he is the undisputed, indisputable GOAT QB.

    Very interesting, I did not know you were classmates with Sean Morey. It's a fascinating thing, looking back on people's lives before they made it big, it just seems so crazy that Robert Kraft had that encounter with Brady, not yet knowing that he would become the greatest football player to ever live. As far as life goes, I've certainly had my fair share of struggles, but I was taught at an early age to never give up, to always get back up when life knocks you down, perhaps that's one of the reasons I like boxing so much. And I try to live by the words that Bruce Lee once said, "Be water my friend", which basically means that you should be formless. When Lee says to be "formless", he means that people shouldn't allow themselves to be trapped in a certain mindset. Instead, a person should be able to adapt to certain situations, grow, and change, like water adapts to wherever it is poured, and a person should always try to grow into a better human being. It's getting near bedtime, so I better go. See you all tomorrow!

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Yeah, and it's weird, the whole Jordan Love situation, the kid just can't get rid of Rodgers.

    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2023 4:34AM

    @perkdog said:

    @doubledragon said:
    Yeah, and it's weird, the whole Jordan Love situation, the kid just can't get rid of Rodgers.

    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    Poor kid. This is not a real quote, but if Jordan Love could tell us how he feels, this is what he would say.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the thought of ARod on the patriots makes my face twitch.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Jordan Love with the porn stache.

    DD could do so much with this. Never ending new material.

    Have a nice day
  • 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭

    Aaron Rodgers needs to be the boss....I don't think that would have mixed well with Belichick. I highly doubt they would have lasted after the first the titles and endured that long championship drought before they won again, as there would have been some type holdout/boycott/tantrum along the way from Rodgers and they would have parted ways.

  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If Rogers had won one Super Bowel with Patriots, he would have demanded a 500% raise and been demanding a trade if he didn’t get it. So the answer is one dependent upon winning the first one.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
Sign In or Register to comment.