Home Sports Talk

Which pre-2000 Super Bowl champions had the LEAST and MOST HOF players.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 15, 2023 10:57AM in Sports Talk

The 1972 Dolphins had 6 hall of famers.

Which pre-2000 champs had 5 or less ?

Which team had the MOST ?
7 or more hall of famers.

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh...that's too much thinking... :)

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chiefs had a bunch in the late sixties early seventies.
    Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, Buck Buchanan, Emmitt Thomas, Curly Culp, Johnny Robinson, Jan Stenerud.
    I think they all played on the super bowl team would have to do more checking.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Which pre-2000 champs had 5 or less ?

Which team had the MOST ? 7 or more hall of famers.

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to figure out the weakest and strongest Super Bowl champs ain’t easy.

I was thinking Phil Simms Giants but not sure.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, that is a tough question.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss three rivers stadium.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, Buck Buchanan, Emmitt Thomas, Curly Culp, Johnny Robinson, Jan Stenerud.

Yep. Tom Flores was a backup on that team as well, though he was inducted as a coach and not as a player. Owner Lamar Hunt and head coach Hank Stram are in the HOF as well. A lot of people believe Jim Tyrer was the best OT of the decade but will never be inducted because of how his life ended.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2023 5:29PM

Grocery
    I remember seeing that photo in an antique mall in Ohio about 20 years ago and didn't buy it. I regret that now.
    No. 51 is Loren Toews. I played with him in High School and college. He is two years older than I am. RB and LB in high school at 6'01" 195 lbs. Northern California high school player of the year. All league in baseball and football.
    Went to Cal and was turned into an LB. 7th round in 73 with the Steelers and stuck. First team all 20th Century Defensive team Stealers. 7 years later(1980) still driving same Volkswagen beetle he had in college. He still picked up his phone in San Jose in 2010. Wealthy, humble and a gentleman. Listed in the phone book.

Have a nice day
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2023 8:34PM

@AFLfan said:

@Darin said:

Yep. Tom Flores was a backup on that team as well, though he was inducted as a coach and not as a player. Owner Lamar Hunt and head coach Hank Stram are in the HOF as well. A lot of people believe Jim Tyrer was the best OT of the decade but will never be inducted because of how his life ended.

Todd, there are some that think Otis Taylor belongs in the HOF also. Looking back I think KC won a lot of games with that defense because obviously they were more dominant than the offense even with Len at QB. Willie Lanier was always a favorite because I got to meet him and get his auto at an ALCO store in Larned, KS in like 1971 or 1972. I was in awe. He was a great FB player and a great man.
    Yes very sad about what Tyrer did

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin - Not only Otis Taylor and Jim Tyrer, but Ed Budde, Jerry Mays and some say Fred Arbanas as well. That team was stacked. I got to speak with some of them while working on the Johnny Robinson HOF campaign. Incredible team and players that I think somehow gets overlooked in spite of all the HOF inductees.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.