Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS You're Doing Good!

mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last December I made a club submission to use my four free vouchers before my Gold membership expired. The four coins I submitted were received by PCGS on 22 December last.

I had the coins, graded and encapsulated, back in my hands on 1 February last. That's under 45 day service. And thank you PCGS for the spot-on grades you gave my coins. ;)

There's only one thing that caused me a bit of confusion. That was the indication that my coins had been "Delivered" after checking status of my account. I saw that imaging was completed and grades the coins received were revealed to me. I asked the polite lady in Customer Service about this. I was asking did "Delivered" simply mean "grades have been delivered" which in fact, had been. She explained that it was a glitch in the system.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

Comments

  • DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hey look, I spotted The Lone Ranger!!!!!

    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DollarAfterDollar said:
    Hey look, I spotted The Lone Ranger!!!!!

    ?

    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

  • spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yeah I had the delivered glitch too, before they had actually been delivered. I did get them tho, even tho one was 3 days late (the FedEx one). The usps one arrived right on time!

  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Herb_T said:
    I submitted 10/6 and it’s still in grading…..Doing Good is a matter of opinion…

    Opinion is what we do around here, no?

    It just appears to me that PCGS has been working hard to resolve the issue of slow turnaround time that many were complaining about once upon a time. Six week turnaround is not bad, not bad at all...in my opinion.

    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My order received on 1/26 has just moved to grading.

    Collector, occasional seller

  • lermishlermish Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I spoke with a very nice customer service rep today about my orders that are on day 76 (received 10/13).

    Also, I dropped off a coin for show grading on Thursday at LB and it was graded today (although still in QA). Guess I'll be calling back in to get the pricing adjusted on that🙄

  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ChrisH821 said:
    My order received on 1/26 has just moved to grading.

    My order was posted 10/31 and went straight into grading right away. Just makes no sense...

    WS

    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice to see some good reports on turn around times.... Appears the issue may be improving. Cheers, RickO

  • bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I had 12 coins ( economy)received 12 20 22.
    They are in QA now with grades ready but none are posted. I wanted Trueview on 5 the last minute.

    Ken
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My last was fast, even though I think this coin was 3 to 8 numerical points higher than the AU it received.

  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mr1874 said:

    @Herb_T said:
    I submitted 10/6 and it’s still in grading…..Doing Good is a matter of opinion…

    Opinion is what we do around here, no?

    It just appears to me that PCGS has been working hard to resolve the issue of slow turnaround time that many were complaining about once upon a time. Six week turnaround is not bad, not bad at all...in my opinion.

    Sorry, 6 week turnaround is heavily underperforming still IMO. And, as others have said, they are still waiting months and months for turnaround. KU.


    Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • psuman08psuman08 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

    My 11-coin regular submission received 1/26 is being imaged. I honestly did not expect to see them back until April.

    Should I be concerned that they have listed my 1809 half dollar is listed in my online order details as an 1809 cent? I have sent customer support a message but not heard anything back. This one is also being attributed so someone will have to see the error.

  • OwenSeymourOwenSeymour Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

    @psuman08 said:
    My 11-coin regular submission received 1/26 is being imaged. I honestly did not expect to see them back until April.

    Should I be concerned that they have listed my 1809 half dollar is listed in my online order details as an 1809 cent? I have sent customer support a message but not heard anything back. This one is also being attributed so someone will have to see the error.

    It won’t be corrected until the grades come in

  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @OwenSeymour said:

    @psuman08 said:
    My 11-coin regular submission received 1/26 is being imaged. I honestly did not expect to see them back until April.

    Should I be concerned that they have listed my 1809 half dollar is listed in my online order details as an 1809 cent? I have sent customer support a message but not heard anything back. This one is also being attributed so someone will have to see the error.

    It won’t be corrected until the grades come in

    The "being imaged" tag shows up almost immediately and stays there through the whole process. You still may not see them until April.

    Collector, occasional seller

  • spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ChrisH821 said:

    @OwenSeymour said:

    @psuman08 said:
    My 11-coin regular submission received 1/26 is being imaged. I honestly did not expect to see them back until April.

    Should I be concerned that they have listed my 1809 half dollar is listed in my online order details as an 1809 cent? I have sent customer support a message but not heard anything back. This one is also being attributed so someone will have to see the error.

    It won’t be corrected until the grades come in

    The "being imaged" tag shows up almost immediately and stays there through the whole process. You still may not see them until April.

    Yes they image first so this doesn't mean a whole lot in the overall scheme of timing.

  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just mailed a regular world submission. I won't expect those back until June. FWIW, ATS doesn't seem much better. They received my submission on 11/7 and it is still in grading.

    Tom

  • psuman08psuman08 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

    @OwenSeymour, @ChrisH821, @spyglassdesign thanks for the feedback. This is my first submission since the early 90s.

  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭✭

    I have economy orders from 9/26 and 10/3 that have not been done yet. Not cool.

  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @spacehayduke said:

    @mr1874 said:

    @Herb_T said:
    I submitted 10/6 and it’s still in grading…..Doing Good is a matter of opinion…

    Opinion is what we do around here, no?

    It just appears to me that PCGS has been working hard to resolve the issue of slow turnaround time that many were complaining about once upon a time. Six week turnaround is not bad, not bad at all...in my opinion.

    Sorry, 6 week turnaround is heavily underperforming still IMO. And, as others have said, they are still waiting months and months for turnaround. KU.

    What kind of turnaround time would make you happy then?

    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

  • Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mr1874 said:

    @spacehayduke said:

    @mr1874 said:

    @Herb_T said:
    I submitted 10/6 and it’s still in grading…..Doing Good is a matter of opinion…

    Opinion is what we do around here, no?

    It just appears to me that PCGS has been working hard to resolve the issue of slow turnaround time that many were complaining about once upon a time. Six week turnaround is not bad, not bad at all...in my opinion.

    Sorry, 6 week turnaround is heavily underperforming still IMO. And, as others have said, they are still waiting months and months for turnaround. KU.

    What kind of turnaround time would make you happy then?

    Just meet the committed turnaround they advertise. I would be happy at that….

  • Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wrote PCGS to expedite my order since it was already past their quoted completion time. This is what I got back…

    “I have placed the order on our urgent list. The urgent list is taking some time right now, however, we are working down the list accordingly.”

    The urgent list is taking some time right now? That’s all you need to know about PCGS delivery to quote. Sigh…

  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TwoSides2aCoin said:
    What kind of turnaround time would make you happy then?

    3 weeks for regular, 4 for economy. That is reasonable, but they would have to find, and hire, more graders for that, who have the skills for consistency and accuracy. That is the rub.................


    Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I sent an order to PCGS and NGC both the first week of December, I got that NGC order back 2 weeks ago. I then sent them (NGC) a Regular and an Economy order on 1/9/2023, the Regular order is graded and waiting to join the economy order for the trip home. I expect it here late next week.
    Oh, my PCGS order is still in "Grading".

    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2023 9:38PM

    The second part of my 1/11/23 submission, the crossovers, has been at "Your submission has been scheduled for grading". My emphasis on "scheduled". It is what is...until it isn't.

    Looking at the "Shared Orders" page, the most recent 100 submissions are in Quality Check with dates going back to 6/7/21. Although alot of those are Dark Side coins.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My order has moved to QA. Really quick!

    Collector, occasional seller

  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

    One step closer @ChrisH821

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

    Regular order submitted 11/8/22, shipped 12/22/22 :)
    Regular order submitted 11/16/22, still in grading 2/9/23 :s

  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @oih82w8 said:
    One step closer @ChrisH821

    Yeah, guess I'd better start checking it 10 to 20 times a day. :D

    Collector, occasional seller

  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's very hard to grow a specialized business like this to keep up with demand in southern California.

  • 1madman1madman Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lermish said:
    Also, I dropped off a coin for show grading on Thursday at LB and it was graded today (although still in QA). Guess I'll be calling back in to get the pricing adjusted on that🙄

    This drives me crazy when pcgs completely misses show submission timeframes. I had this happen at Long Beach years ago too, and my grades suffered after the 10 days it took them to “show grade” the coins. Everything had to go back for regrades to clean up the grading mess that occurred. Pcgs really should offer full refunds plus free return shipping for basically not providing the service level they accepted for the coins. I wish you luck on that submission, please post your thoughts on the grades once they post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file