Home Sports Talk

Is anyone watching the Pro Bowl flag football game?

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just curious. Same of the prior games were like touch football. You can’t blame them. Why jeopardize your career for a meaningless game?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't even know it was on lol

Probably a decent watch

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always said they should cancel the pro bowl and do a strict skills competition and weight lifting type of thing for lineman ect,,

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the pro bowl was played by the players on Xbox now?

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised the stadium is packed. Must have been alot of free tickets given away.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2023 3:26PM

I was watching pro bowling on Fox. The game has certainly changed from 60 years ago. These guys throw curve bales that look like they are headed for the gutter which end up becoming strikes. They also use a different ball for spares.

The of the last game was far more interesting that the Pro Bowl. It came down to the last frame. P.S. They give a green jacket to the PBA champion like the Masters.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Well, that's enough of that so called Halftime "entertainment". Good thing Cavs basketball is starting at 5........

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I was watching pro bowling on Fox. The game has certainly changed from 60 years ago. These guys throw curve bales that look like they are headed for the gutter which end up becoming strikes. They also use a different ball for spares.

The of the last game was far more interesting that the Pro Bowl. It came down to the last frame. P.S. They give a green jacket to the PBA champion like the Masters.

It's definitely not Earl Anthony's PBA anymore.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

No I am not watching.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wanted to watch that hot mess with a cigar at the local pub but we wound up going down the street for an ECHL game for our Gladiators. Last time we were there in 2019 there weren't 200 people there, today maybe 5k or so for military appreciation day.

Today

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you say the flag all star hockey game?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@BillJones said:

It's definitely not Earl Anthony's PBA anymore.

Or Don Carter or Dick Webber.

There used to be a show called “Make That Spare” after the “Saturday Night Fights.” They had a Jack pot spare the, “7,6,9 and 10” that paid an ever increasing amount that increased ever week. It got to be quite high. Don Carter made it one week and hit it again two weeks later for a $6,000 prize. Don became “unavailable” for the following week’s show. Don Carter was a big, powerful man who “pushed” the ball instead of taking a big swing backward. He was called the greatest bowler of all time then.

I love this thread - we went from the "Pros" doing flag football, to the PBA, then hockey - Damn, anybody up for Darts?

I preffer Darts..............