Home U.S. Coin Forum

Knoxville coin show Friday and Saturday

snizzlesnizzle Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2023 3:37PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Knoxville 2 day coin show Roth Childs Kingston pike any one going i will be their both days.George @VDBCoins are you going to be there. Free coins for YNs this show is larger than the monthly show. Fort London and Knoxville coin clubs put this show on. I will try to do a show report.

Tom

Comments

  • split37split37 Posts: 289 ✭✭✭✭

    I'll be there!

  • Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’ll be there!

    BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

  • erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ill be going Saturday morning! Cant wait!!!

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Show reports from everyone will be welcome... Let me know how bullion is moving... and some pictures would be great. Cheers, RickO

  • BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

    Heyyy... I got a couple friends down there! Some premium Capped Bust Half Dimes gurus, in fact. So, I guess I'll be with you in spirit (but my body will be in Kansas).

    New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

  • Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bikergeek said:
    Heyyy... I got a couple friends down there! Some premium Capped Bust Half Dimes gurus, in fact. So, I guess I'll be with you in spirit (but my body will be in Kansas).

    Who are they? I probably talk to them several times a year.

    BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm from Knoxville originally.

    When I was a kid, I used to attend the April coin show at the Kerbela Shriner's building off E. Blount Ave. Of course that was back in the 1970-80's, but boy did I look forward to it. I'd bring my Whitman blue folders for cents and nickels and split hairs trying to find the best deal for the highest grade. Even as a kid I loved haggling.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Shamika said:
    I'm from Knoxville originally.

    When I was a kid, I used to attend the April coin show at the Kerbela Shriner's building off E. Blount Ave. Of course that was back in the 1970-80's, but boy did I look forward to it. I'd bring my Whitman blue folders for cents and nickels and split hairs trying to find the best deal for the highest grade. Even as a kid I loved haggling.

    I remember going to a couple of shows, with my dad, at the Kerbela building around 1973-4. I purchased some currency from Paul Garland which I still have.

  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

    @golden said:

    @Shamika said:
    I'm from Knoxville originally.

    When I was a kid, I used to attend the April coin show at the Kerbela Shriner's building off E. Blount Ave. Of course that was back in the 1970-80's, but boy did I look forward to it. I'd bring my Whitman blue folders for cents and nickels and split hairs trying to find the best deal for the highest grade. Even as a kid I loved haggling.

    I remember going to a couple of shows, with my dad, at the Kerbela building around 1973-4. I purchased some currency from Paul Garland which I still have.

    Around 1978 there was a currency guy at the show who traded me a 1934 $20 note for a 1950 $5 note that I found in circulation. He told me currency would be the next big collectable and to hang on the the $20 note. I'm not sure his prediction was accurate, but I always appreciated his generosity and the time he took to speak with a kid. I'm wondering if it was this same guy (Paul Garland).

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Fond memories of the shows at the Kerbela Temple. Saw many coins that I wish
    I could've bought. The Redfield hoard was breaking at the time. I miss those days.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file