Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Possible DD 2021 P Jefferson Nickel???Please Help

Hello Community. This is my first post. I'd like to thank you for accepting me into the community and for the help in advance. I'm working on a Return to Monticello collection and I came across this 2021 P. While I was inspecting the coin, I noticed that the word "Liberty" was off. With further investigation, I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BC45... Welcome aboard. Very good pictures. However, I do not see any form of doubling on LIBERTY... Or anywhere else on the nickel. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks for the response Rick. I kind of figured. You know how the eyes can play tricks sometimes. It's always good to get others' perspectives.

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a normal nickel to me too.
    For what that’s worth.

Welcome to the forum!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the correct way to present questions. We're not clairvoyants. All new peeps should take note of it.

Welcome.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Sorry for the late response. Thank you. I hope to learn a lot from here. My Grandfather was the expert and he passed away. He's been collecting since WWII, but this coin came from a roll. Anyway,thanks for the welcoming. Go Birds

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not seeing anything out of the norm........sometimes reflections give off the appearance of doubling. If you are using a scope for imaging then, if you think you see doubling, then check it again with a loupe for confirmation.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

It could definitely be the lighting. I did look under the scope. I have to get a better loupe. I'll let you know. I know it's minor, but it's the find.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file