Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Received Dec 28 submission back in silver 35th anniversary box

ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

I had 6 submissions received by PCGS on Dec 28th. I have had 3 of the 6 returned. Today I had a world modern value submission returned with only a single coin. I was very surprised to find it was delivered in a silver box. The past two submissions returned were a modern value (13 coins) and regular re-holder (5 coins) both were delivered in traditional black boxes.

I did receive silver boxes in submissions from last year, but apparently they still have some floating around there. Not sure what logic if any is used to determine what orders get the 35th anniversary box.

Comments

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

I submitted 8 coins on the regular service on 12-19-22 & received them today 1-30-23 in a silver 35th box.
    Pretty quick turnaround!

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2023 10:08AM

I dropped off multiple “regular” orders at FUN on Jan 5, and received them all back today.

Two orders came in the standard black boxes, and one came in the silver 35th. The one that arrived in the silver 35th box was the highest value submission, but not by much. I dropped off my orders in multiple Gold Anniversary boxes, so I hope they get reused instead of trashed.

On another note, two orders were shipped USPS and (oddly) one was shipped FedEx. The one that shipped FedEx was not the highest value submission, so I can’t decipher any rhyme or reason to their routing logic.

Edit: I did not receive any of the holder stands :/

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2023 9:36PM

Cool @ndeagles ! Part of my Jan submission arrived today (fedex), but I'm at my part time job at the moment.

Did you receive one of the slab stands they were advertising for the quarterly special?

@P0CKETCHANGE ?

@remumc ?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received the Black Box with no slab stand...this part of the submission was for reholder / variety attribution.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my observation, the silver box is kind of tough to get!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the gold boxes.... and gold coins.... Might be a gold fixation on my part :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2023 10:03AM

@oih82w8 said:
    Cool @ndeagles ! Part of my Jan submission arrived today (fedex), but I'm at my part time job at the moment.

Did you receive one of the slab stands they were advertising for the quarterly special?

No stands in my order, but I'll just 3D print some of I ever want to display some coins!

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2023 5:24PM

I didn't receive one of the display stands either.

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file