Home Sports Talk
Options

poor coaching decision by san francisco

olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

when you have a guy who has barely ever played, just run out the clock. you get the ball the second half and only down 7 now the game is probably over.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Probably" ??

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

That QB Johnson never should have been on the roster to begin with

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

pretty bad showing for Johnson

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 11 penalties for 81 yards certainly didn't help the Niners either :o

Daniel
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

earlier in the week they said that garropollo (sp) would be able to play but that SF wasn't going to activate him. Didn't give a reason why.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@olb31 said:
    earlier in the week they said that garropollo (sp) would be able to play but that SF wasn't going to activate him. Didn't give a reason why.

And Jimmy G couldn't have cared any less, he was laughing it up on the sidelines and I'd be willing to bet he was hoping they lost so he could just get out of there

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@olb31 said:

And Jimmy G couldn't have cared any less, he was laughing it up on the sidelines and I'd be willing to bet he was hoping they lost so he could just get out of there

He is pretty much always smiling. I guess life is good when you're Jimmy G

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@olb31 said:

He is pretty much always smiling. I guess life is good when you're Jimmy G

True lol

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭

If you can't trust your quarterback to receive the snap in shotgun, then you are doomed to lose anyway. Wouldn't matter.

Matt

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jimmy G has so much side action in SF that I'm surprised he can even stand for the 3hrs on the sidelines because he needs a nap.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:

Money, money, money, money!!! If he got hurt again SF is paying his salary for next year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    when you have a guy who has barely ever played, just run out the clock. you get the ball the second half and only down 7 now the game is probably over.

I am not sure I agree, they were desperate going with #4 qb and trying to stay in the game. You have to risk at that point as you have nothing to lose. Too bad Purdy was hurt early, all the difference in the outcome.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

San Francisco got about every bad break you could get against the Eagles, from the blown call on the first series to the injury for both quarterbacks. I still think that the Eagles would have beaten them, but by a closer score.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?