Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

The Pillars of your collection

Certain coins are so foundational to your collection, that if they were ever sold, your collection would be fundamentally changed. Show us some of those pillar coins the define your collection.

Comments

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2023 7:53PM

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 607 ✭✭✭✭✭

This post really goes to show me...I need more pillars in my collection. (Pun intended.)

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri

Are you only considering crowns in your collection?
    I always had an extremely high regard for your Norweb 4 reales.
    I thought it was a beautiful coin and it had all the bells and whistles.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCache said:
    @Boosibri

Are you only considering crowns in your collection?
    I always had an extremely high regard for your Norweb 4 reales.
    I thought it was a beautiful coin and it had all the bells and whistles.

Yes only considering crowns. The 4R is amazing but if I were to sell it, the basis of my collection would continue on.

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like choosing only one child 😂

• Sergey74Sergey74 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Very beautiful coins. For me the coin is the part of history. If i read about the French Revolution i want to have the coins of it, it's like link with history for me. The English Revolution with Cromwell - when i read about it my favorite coin was halfcrown by Charles 1 1641-45. My main theme of coin's collecting is revolutions and time of freedom. And now i have like favorite this coins, another month - another. In my life i sold all collection twice - one time i stopped collecting and sold all, another time i changed my theme and sold 150+ coins, and like not very young man i know that everything can change, so i like the coins but don't think about it like "pillars". All coins what you have you have temporarily and you are only episode in coin's life. It's the mood what i have about it. Sorry for my English.

Peace.

• neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had a few key coins in my collection I could point to. I am working on 10-15 different sets, so if I lost one of those sets I'd still have 9-14 left. Conceptually, my collection wouldn't be significantly diminished as a result. I don't know if I should call my collection resilient to theft, or uninteresting.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me