Home U.S. Coin Forum

Let’s see your junk (90%, that is)

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

$122 Face and counting …

Happy Friday!
Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow!! Impressive pile of silver.... As such, I do not consider yours - or mine (not nearly as impressive) - junk. They are old, silver coins, with history and value. Cheers, RickO

  • FrazFraz Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2023 7:25AM

    @Dave99B said:
    $122 Face and counting …

    That’s collecting coins!

  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Fraz said:

    @Dave99B said:
    $122 Face and counting …

    That’ collecting coins!

    Agree. Most of those coins are NOT junk silver coins. In fact, several look decent enough to be placed in their own holders for protection.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @PerryHall said:

    @Fraz said:

    @Dave99B said:
    $122 Face and counting …

    That’ collecting coins!

    Agree. Most of those coins are NOT junk silver coins. In fact, several look decent enough to be placed in their own holders for protection.

    They all seem to have the same consist look. Man, they would look great in a complete Dansco set!

    Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Free Frankie courtesy of Coinstar:

    Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2023 7:14AM



  • FrazFraz Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow, I’m not alone.

  • OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not a lot, but most was found in circ.

    Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

  • DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

    While we're posting junk that isn't quite junk, these were found in junk.

    Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DelawareDoons said:
    While we're posting junk that isn't quite junk, these were found in junk.

    What are they, junk clad?

    Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

  • ColonelKlinckColonelKlinck Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

    Here's my jar!
    I really need to count it one of these days.

  • DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @OAKSTAR said:

    @DelawareDoons said:
    While we're posting junk that isn't quite junk, these were found in junk.

    What are they, junk clad?

    64-D Type C reverse in unc. They are tendies, that's what they are.

    Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DelawareDoons said:

    @OAKSTAR said:

    @DelawareDoons said:
    While we're posting junk that isn't quite junk, these were found in junk.

    What are they, junk clad?

    64-D Type C reverse in unc. They are tendies, that's what they are.

    These are silver? Okay.

    Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file