Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I had an awake nightmare re VaultBox thread

CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason I read a couple hundred posts regarding the VB debate using my cellphone. I then questioned myself as to why I was doing so since the topic doesn’t interest me at all. So I quit reading it.

The next day, to my horror, I saw 75 notification emails referencing new posts that I had to wade through to delete from my inbox. I soon realized that I had accidentally hit the star icon on the thread listing as I was scrolling the forum.

This all happened last week. I now see it has 600+ replies. We are a weird bunch.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Comments

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    For some reason I read a couple hundred posts regarding the VB debate using my cellphone. I then questioned myself as to why I was doing so since the topic doesn’t interest me at all. So I quit reading it.

The next day, to my horror, I saw 75 notification emails referencing new posts that I had to wade through to delete from my inbox. I soon realized that I had accidentally hit the star icon on the thread listing as I was scrolling the forum.

This all happened last week. I now see it has 600+ replies. We are a weird bunch.

That is my favorite kind.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan - I am in the same boat. Not interested in being a buyer but fascinated by the product and marketing.

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. I will never buy it, but I am following VB closely. I keep questioning if I am "missing something," and then keep reassuring myself that I am not. I don't collect bullion at all, so why am I watching this? I can't answer my own question. I think I find the "crap shoot" collecting approach to be a train wreck and (apparently) I can't look away.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do a giveaway of your newp 1798 1C the Vault Boogie monster might go away ;):D

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    I’ve gotten pretty carried away with the Vaultbox thread and I’m not sure how it happened.

There's someone here who thinks he can help you with that, you know.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez, and I thought I was bad reading all those links on Strawberry Leaf wreath cent’s earlier this week. That seems like time much better spent! ;)

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Half the posts there were from the same two people. Maybe more than half. I didn't bother to count. B)

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had an awake nightmare...

That made me think of - Dream On
    better than VB??? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dGC8de0CA

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilolme - "everybody got their dues in life to pay" - appropo for that thread!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElKevvo said:
    @DeplorableDan - I am in the same boat. Not interested in being a buyer but fascinated by the product and marketing.

K

It does remind me of buying baseball cards in the 70's and hoping to get your favorite player. They really should toss a stick of gum in every box.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

And when exactly did they outlaw dueling in the USA, to settle a dispute?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@DeplorableDan said:
    I’ve gotten pretty carried away with the Vaultbox thread and I’m not sure how it happened.

There's someone here who thinks he can help you with that, you know.

Actually, no. @DeplorableDan is a sophisticated buyer who knows exactly what he is doing. He will confirm that, while I have certainly not been shy about sharing my thoughts, I never tried to talk him out of anything.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

I commented fairly early on but gave up after 80 or so posts. I hope someone posts a recap before I decide I need to wade back in.
    Every day I have a “why am I still reading this?” moment. Either on here or some other place.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to abandon that thread days ago, it was giving me agita.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Same. I will never buy it, but I am following VB closely. I keep questioning if I am "missing something," and then keep reassuring myself that I am not. I don't collect bullion at all, so why am I watching this? I can't answer my own question. I think I find the "crap shoot" collecting approach to be a train wreck and (apparently) I can't look away.

Easy... the highest expected return from any Lottery is not buying a ticket. The $1 you don't spend is a $1 return instead of the typical $0.50 expected.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 said:
    I commented fairly early on but gave up after 80 or so posts. I hope someone posts a recap before I decide I need to wade back in.
    Every day I have a “why am I still reading this?” moment. Either on here or some other place.

First YouTube Video opened two boxes. Both "valued" per NGC at $250-270 and similar offers from Minishull Trading. Street value $130 +/-.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file