Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An EBAY seller BLOCKED ME!

13»

Comments

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

I simply ignore lowball offers and do not respond. I think they get the message.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2023 5:37AM

If you click the Buy it Now, and then don't pay, you're blocked.
    If you counter my counter-offer with an offer lower than your original lowball offer, you're blocked.
    If you make an offer that I accept and you don't pay, or try to negotiate a new price after the fact, you're blocked.

Those are just off the top of my head. Bottom line for me is that I don't have the time nor resources to put up with nonsense. I'll give up the potential sale to avoid the potential headache and possible loss of $$.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:
    If you click the Buy it Now, and then don't pay, you're blocked.
    If you counter my counter-offer with an offer lower than your original lowball offer, you're blocked.
    If you make an offer that I accept and you don't pay, or try to negotiate a new price after the fact, you're blocked.

Those are just off the top of my head. Bottom line for me is that I don't have the time nor resources to put up with nonsense. I'll give up the potential sale to avoid the potential headache and possible loss of $$.

I only sell a few coins a year on ebay, usually in the $500-5000 range and 100% agree. I have a hair trigger and will block anybody for almost anything.

If I were running a business I'm sure it would be different but I want zero potential hassle EVER. And if it costs me sales or hurt feelings, to be frank, I don't particularly care. I can always consign elsewhere or sell to a dealer if I'm anxious to unload something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file