Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone else despise FedEx?

It is extremely inconvenient for me to deal with FedEx and I wish there was an option for me to not use them for my PSA packages as it makes me want to not want to use PSA services at all. Does anyone else feel this way? My package went from California to Memphis and will be back to California again tomorrow for what it is worth. I'm in Northern California. I have a lock box at home and a postal worker who will hand deliver and my only options are to manage a delivery to a Dollar General during store hours. I usually just get multiple notices from FedEx and packages are almost returned to sender. Why isn't there an option for submitters to choose their preferred method?

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

Get a PO Box.

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, not even a major transportation hub like Toronto or Montreal. But when my PSA package leaves from their facility in California at 5pm, I have it in hand the next day by 11am, 90% of the time, worst case it's 2 days...Fedex is fantastic for my purposes, it's crazy how customers in the States don't get that kind of service from them!

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

@wrestlingcardking said:
    Why isn't there an option for submitters to choose their preferred method?

If you want PSA insurance, you use whatever they feel like that day... Or you can select FedEx or USPS Express specifically, but you have to supply an account #...

Seems more of your issue is that you aren't home to receive the package. Maybe send them to work or wherever you are going to be. And as for the package going all the way to Memphis and back from California, that's where the Fedex main hub is, been that way for ever, but doesn't really affect delivery time.

• @Jayman1982 said:
    I'm in Ottawa, Canada, not even a major transportation hub like Toronto or Montreal. But when my PSA package leaves from their facility in California at 5pm, I have it in hand the next day by 11am, 90% of the time, worst case it's 2 days...Fedex is fantastic for my purposes, it's crazy how customers in the States don't get that kind of service from them!

Totally agree. Same experience for me in Toronto. I have no idea how they get the package here so quickly from California.

Only part I don't like is if PSA mails on a Friday, then it'll come probably on Monday since they don't deliver on weekends here.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try working for them.........you will despise them in short order.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

King, that sounds painful, it also sounds stressful. With some of the rarer and more valuable Wrestling cards you deal with I would have been going out of my mind with that process.

Glad to see you posting. It doesn't look like you or the other Wrestling fanatic have been on much.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wrestlingcardking said:
    It is extremely inconvenient for me to deal with FedEx and I wish there was an option for me to not use them for my PSA packages as it makes me want to not want to use PSA services at all. Does anyone else feel this way? My package went from California to Memphis and will be back to California again tomorrow for what it is worth. I'm in Northern California. I have a lock box at home and a postal worker who will hand deliver and my only options are to manage a delivery to a Dollar General during store hours. I usually just get multiple notices from FedEx and packages are almost returned to sender. Why isn't there an option for submitters to choose their preferred method?

While it may take some work initially on your part, explore the FedEx website a little bit and see if there is a convenient nearby location for package pickup. If there is, I am fairly certain that you can select that location for your delivery point so that you can come in and sign for it at a time that works for you. This way, you know where and when it will be there and it is in FedEx custody until you accept it; not left out on a porch or moving around the delivery chain.

I hope it helps and I’d like to just add that you have a really great collection.

Enjoy your weekend.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

I retired from them in 2019, worked 30 yrs there. 1989-2019.
    While I agree at the end there was too much bullshit.
    It still was one decent job, $$, benifits, & I'm enjoying my pension & retired life.

Did u work for them ? .. Ground sucks, I was at Express.
    Pete

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@picklepete said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I retired from them in 2019, worked 30 yrs there. 1989-2019.
    While I agree at the end there was too much bullshit.
    It still was one decent job, $$, benifits, & I'm enjoying my pension & retired life.

Did u work for them ? .. Ground sucks, I was at Express.
    Pete

I worked helping the drivers who had too much to deliver during pre Christmas period. Drove my own vehicle.
    Probably not FedEx's fault, but the guy who ran our group.
    Way too many reasons the job sucked to go into here, but the first clue I should have had was they told me they would provide me with a tablet to use and then said "just use your phone". Should have quit right there.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

In answer to the title of the topic - YES

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.