Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Game day: Who are you taking for Dallas or San Francisco?

Will be cheering on Dallas how about you?

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

SF but again it's due to monetary reasons lol

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    SF but again it's due to monetary reasons lol

I think they stand the best chance of winning but I prefer Dallas.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2023 3:57PM

Cheer for Dallas? Almost never, but I think that the Eagles have a better chance of beating Dallas than SF.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys, come Hades or high water!

• Options

30 minutes to game time.

• Options

Tied game 6-6 2nd quarter closing soon. Tight game.

• Options

SF doesn't look good on O

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want Dallas to win.

I always say they are my NFC team. But the truth is I feel nothing when they lose. It's only the Pats for me, and Brady by extension.

But if Dallas wins, it'll be fun around town. Their big losses also provide sports radio entertainment

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I want Dallas to win.

I always say they are my NFC team. But the truth is I feel nothing when they lose. It's only the Pats for me, and Brady by extension.

But if Dallas wins, it'll be fun around town. Their big losses also provide sports radio entertainment

After the Pats are out its just money for me, zero emotions for any of these teams otherwise

Sure it would be fine to see Cincy or Buffalo win their first but that's on them

• Options

@perkdog said:

Maybe reality is coming for that kid quarterback.

In the mean time the Dallas kicker is the pits.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2023 6:29PM

@thisistheshow said:
    I want Dallas to win.

I know the felling back in the 80's and 90's Mario Lemieux was the reason (Wayne Gretzky was in his prime but for some reason I just never watched him much) I loved hockey and always took for Pittsburgh so far they always have great superstars but one day it will not be the case. I branch out to other teams like now Edmonton with McDavid so that way if one team falls to the floor I have love for the sport anyway. And I don't even live in either city. My cities hockey team sucks but I still listen in.

Getting over the Brady years will take a long long time maybe lock into another team till then it helps.

• Options

After Michael Jordan the NBA has been dead for me not even Lebron got me back into it. I enjoyed Kobe Bryant but after him nah no thanks.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I want Dallas to win.

Well oh well, we have quite a battle going on here don't we, both of us, in our underwear, exchanging shots in the middle of the ring. May the best man win!

• Options

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

I want to take this moment to say something. Living in Cowboys country, I've followed the career of Brett Maher. He has one of those good stories. Journeyman. CFL. Back to the NFL. He was with the Cowboys a few years ago, then he was back this year. He obviously really worked hard, because he had his best season ever this year and would have made sense as a Pro Bowler.

But he's had some bad misses through the years, like all kickers,maybe more so (even before the Tampa game). His reputation in the Dallas locker room is spotless as a guy who sits at his locker and answers every single reporter's question.

Anecdotally, I heard that after the Tampa game, there were multiple lines of reporters waiting to inquire about his recently acquired infamy. He answered every question, on brand. Just my two cents.

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:

@thisistheshow said:
    I want Dallas to win.

I know the felling back in the 80's and 90's Mario Lemieux was the reason (Wayne Gretzky was in his prime but for some reason I just never watched him much) I loved hockey and always took for Pittsburgh so far they always have great superstars but one day it will not be the case. I branch out to other teams like now Edmonton with McDavid so that way if one team falls to the floor I have love for the sport anyway. And I don't even live in either city. My cities hockey team sucks but I still listen in.

Getting over the Brady years will take a long long time maybe lock into another team till then it helps.

I'm sticking with my Pats. I was suffering with them for years before Brady showed up.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

I want to take this moment to say something. Living in Cowboys country, I've followed the career of Brett Maher. He has one of those good stories. Journeyman. CFL. Back to the NFL. He was with the Cowboys a few years ago, then he was back this year. He obviously really worked hard, because he had his best season ever this year and would have made sense as a Pro Bowler.

But he's had some bad misses through the years, like all kickers,maybe more so (even before the Tampa game). His reputation in the Dallas locker room is spotless as a guy who sits at his locker and answers every single reporter's question.

Anecdotally, I heard that after the Tampa game, there were multiple lines of reporters waiting to inquire about his recently acquired infamy. He answered every question, on brand. Just my two cents.

Great game, but let this be a lesson, you cannot defeat me, for I am Batman!

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@thisistheshow said:
    I want Dallas to win.

I'm sticking with my Pats. I was suffering with them for years before Brady showed up.

100% with you brother 🙌

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@thisistheshow said:
    I want Dallas to win.

A lot of people don’t realize that the Patriots had a lot of lean years before the Brady era. There were frustrating years too like when Bill Parcells coached them to the Super Bowl and then let it slip that he was resigning before the big game. It let all of the air out of the big event, and the Patriots got creamed.

• Options

Next weekend will be some good football as well looking forward to the games.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2023 6:43AM

Glad you joined the playoff discussions, make sure you post up next weekend for the championship games! 🍻

• Options

@perkdog said:

Glad you joined the playoff discussions, make sure you post up next weekend for the championship games! 🍻

I agree. You spiced it up! 👍👍🏈

• Options

@perkdog said:

Will do see you guys Sunday at 3h00pm for kickoff.

• Options

@perkdog said:

Will do see you guys Sunday at 3h00pm for kickoff.

👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

Kickers don’t get much notice unless they hit one from 50+ yards out, or when they make an “ice water in the veins walk off, high pressure” kicks.

When they miss PATs, they are going to get negative reviews. The PATs are now “semi-automatic” kicks after the league moved the line back to the 15 yard line. When you missed those kicks, you will get the fans’ ire. When you miss three in a row in a championship game, there will be a huge blow back. It does not matter how great a guy you are. If you can’t do the “routine job,” you will get a blow back.

And yea, I don’t like the Cowboys so missing those kicks was fine by me. ;)