Home Precious Metals
Options

What is this !?

So I crushed a rock and tryed panning it out hoping to get some material to forge me some coins .This is wat I ended up with no clue ![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/
5y/8gwehjkbkf3r.jpg "")

Comments

• Options
    OwlxOwlx Posts: 261 ✭✭

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show us the pics of the coins you make with it.

----- kj
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

I'd like to see the whole process if you take pictures along the way post them up with a description of what your doing.
    Looks interesting.

• Options

Ok

• Options

Owlx, just to be clear.... my post was intended to hint at a little skepticism in it. Based on your previous threads... and your above " This is wat I ended up with no clue "..... I highly suggest that you do not attempt to process what you have and try to make coins.... UNLESS you have clear experience doing, and know what you are doing. What you have is likely just iron pyrite.

While you may be having fun, do much more research before proceeding.

----- kj
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, proceed with caution. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Now those are real dollars!

----- kj
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Owlx... Not sure what that is, but not gold... looks like pyrite.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Owlx
    Do you read anything I have posted? Chalcopyrite, phlogopite mica, biotite, and pyrite all are minerals that can fool many people who have gold fever. Please take a look at this link for additional assistance.

https://geology.com/gold/fools-gold/

If you try to melt pyrite (FeS2 or Iron and sulfur) to make a coin, it will basically explode and be very dangerous so don't do it. It will also smell like sulfur because you will be making sulfur dioxide gas, and you will end up with nothing except mostly black iron powder. You have a mineral, not a metal.

If you have a mix of minerals, you will have possibly even more complications. You should have your samples analyzed with a XRD machine, if you need to be convinced what is in them.

• Options

I got the results it's silver on one Rock

• Options

Results from.... where? Did you pay to have it assayed?

----- kj
  • Options

Yes 35 buks 1.60 per ton supposedly.

• Options

That dnt sound right becouse wat are all these heavily concentrated sulfifldes