Home U.S. Coin Forum

Grades ready, NOT Really.... With pictures! UPDATE Final Post at bottom

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 25, 2023 9:19AM in U.S. Coin Forum

So today I got a notification that my grades were ready through the APP on my phone, Clicked and alas still "in process". I quickly logged out and logged back in... Again, "in process". I came home and used my laptop, it says grades ready.. I click on the link, alas, "in process".

So I called them. Has anyone called PCGS lately? Ok neverminded, they said that those notifications where "pre mature" and that grades are not available. Sigh....... Ok I thanked the lady and told her it was not her fault, but I felt I had to say something to her superiors. So I said, please understand, I mailed these coins in on Oct 10th 2022. It has taken a long time to get them which I understand, the turnaround times are estimates. But please do not tell me grades are ready when they are clearly not. I can only take so much.

Anyone have this happen?

Comments

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:

…. But please do not tell me grades are ready when they are clearly not. I can only take so much.
    >

Likewise, please don’t put “Grades ready.... With pictures!” in your thread title, when that’s not the case.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough... I changed it.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin collectors are an impatient lot.

• JRGeyerJRGeyer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Once the images are ready your grades should post. Honestly, TrueView is worth the wait

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:
    I mailed these coins in on Oct 10th 2022. It has taken a long time to get them which I understand, the turnaround times are estimates.

Lightweight 😉

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

;) Cheers, RickO

I wouldn’t mind so much but I submit for other folks. Says grades ready… I don’t think it means what they think it means…

• BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 357 ✭✭✭✭✭

My experience has been that grades can be posted even while imaging is occurring. I prefer that, as I'm an impatient collector myself! I also like to go ahead and add items to registry sets, when applicable.

There are times that I have the coins shipped back and tucked away in my SD box before the images even post! (I assume this is because it takes some time to post-process and then upload the images that were snapped when PCGS had the coin in hand).

New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

• Ntwillia10Ntwillia10 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited January 23, 2023 3:31PM

OP have your grades shown up? The "Grades Ready" update appeared for my submission on Jan 12 but still nothing more than "In Process" when I view my order.

• habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

such GREAT service our host provides........

Nothing yet except it now says Images ready!! So Grades are ready and images are ready but alas, no grades and no images! And the beat goes on....And the beat goes on...

I called PCGS Customer service again, in the morning, got in line. They called back at 3:00 pm. There was a "glitch" in the system that affected a small number of orders. The customer service gal sent an email to the IT department. The grades posted this AM.... There is a ghost in the system. I hope this helps anyone in this position.. As for the grades, they were tight, that's all I can say. Best...

• RonaldDayRonaldDay Posts: 63 ✭✭

It's over a year later since this post was put up, appears the "glitch" has still not been fixed - imaged/grades ready - nada for a week.

• RonaldDayRonaldDay Posts: 63 ✭✭

Public service announcement. A few hours after posting this CS reached out to me. In the 4 months that It took to grade my coins the credit card I used expired 2 weeks ago. Still not sure why they didn't just reach out to me and ask for a new credit card number, but apparently you need to call/notify them that your order seems to be stuck in order to address this issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file