Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1918/9 wheat cent

Good afternoon, so I came across this what appears to be a 1918 d over 1919 d I’m just checking to see what anyone else thinks ? Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

We would like to see the entire coin first, front and back. Then zoom in on the area in question.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say no

• Options
    PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

I think I see amoeba on there.

• Options

Sorry but I don't see it other than a 1918-d.

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another damaged coin. Everything looks weird with enough magnification.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Step away from the microscope, it only creates pareidolia.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a damaged 1918 D cent... no numismatic premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although the time frame when the Cent was made falls during wartime production (when a lot of errors happen), there is no sign of any doubling noticable.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's damaged- spend it, or throw it back out into the parking lot.
    And if you're going to waste time posting these PLEASE at least put them all in one thread so they aren't pushing interesting threads off the front page.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    All of these types of threads have one particular benefit to me...it has gotten me proficient in spelling "pareidolia!" :D

Sad these days the hobby comes down to that for a lot of new collectors. Tell them put down their microscope and get a Red Book they ask what's that?

• Options

@DCW said:
    All of these types of threads have one particular benefit to me...it has gotten me proficient in spelling "pareidolia!" :D

It's one thing when many guys here are trying to help and educate newbies, especially those who really want to learn. You can kinda tell those who take an interest and those just passing thru.

But it's a whole other thing when the OP's don't even respond to the feedback they're getting or thank the once helping them.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Oakstar thank people lol. They usually argue with the knowledge posters.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@DCW said:

It's one thing when many guys here are trying to help and educate newbies, especially those who really want to learn. You can kinda tell those who take an interest and those just passing thru.

But it's a whole other thing when the OP's don't even respond to the feedback they're getting or thank the once helping them.

Most are looking for instant gratification. They're all looking for the $100,000 error cents and driving most of us crazy with the double die, over strike, clipped, 8 over 9, chipped, dipped, smokey faces, fantastic bow tie, triple column over wheats, double 69 that was struck in 1960 with a small date and

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems legit. :D

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file