Home U.S. Coin Forum

Lincoln cent

Good afternoon, was wondering if anyone would know anything about this coin ? Thanks for your time

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's common, it's circulated, fingerprinted, & boogered, and you could spend it. I see no reason to save this example.
    bob :(
    PS: what is it that you see? That information might have helped those of us that are looking at it.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • NickelMikeNickelMike Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    It's common, it's circulated, fingerprinted, & boogered, and you could spend it. I see no reason to save this example.
    bob :(
    PS: what is it that you see? That information might have helped those of us that are looking at it.

Agreed. Can’t we all agree to post a picture of the entire coin before we break out the electron microscopes?

• MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless I miss my guess, it's a 1999 Denver Lincoln cent with environmental damage. Its natural habitat is a parking lot.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasteful use of electrons. :D

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is worth one cent.

All glory is fleeting.
  • SaamSaam Posts: 459 ✭✭✭

Not natural toning. Looks like it spent some time in a porta-potty!

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get 1 cent for it.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't tell us its a 1999 D Lincoln Cent, we see that immediately, but please do say what you wish us to see or that it's a contest and 1st contributor wins a 1909 S VDB MS65 Lincoln Cent, or something like that.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, a 1999 D Lincoln cent.... damaged... Cheers, RickO

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin makes me want to party like its 1999.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file