Home Sports Talk
Options

What did Bill Belichick mean by this?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always been fascinated with the mind of Bill Belichick, he seemingly never gives his hand away. When asked if Mac Jones will be the Patriots quarterback next season, true to form, he gave a very mysterious answer:

"Mac has the ability to play quarterback in this league,” Belichick said. “We all have to work together to be more productive than we were this year.”

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

He's become my favorite coach, his mind is fascinating, I would love to know what he's really thinking.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's a master of communicating between the lines and utilizing verbiage that makes salient points without saying much. He'd be a great attorney if he weren't a head coach.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

How the Hell would anybody know what is going through Belichick's mind?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2023 8:36PM

Belichick is like Tom Landry at the end of his career. He’s irrelevant. He’s bet on a loser quarterback, and is going to stay with him until the end. Perhaps Belichick will have enough .500 seasons to catch Schula’s win total. New England fans can snooze on in the meantime.

Belichick is like Connie Mack except that Mack’s best years were many years after he became irrelevant.

Belichick should be history. He is a football antique.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Mac was a desperation pick. Cam obviously was not the answer. What should have happened is when Tom left with no Heir apparent at QB, the team should have gone full rebuild. But, 68 year old BB knew he didnt have another 6-8 years to rebuild another team. so, instead of choosing the best available player 2 years ago, he chose the best available QB. A QB who is not fast enough to be a scrambler, not enough arm to be a pocket passer. A QB with the upside to be an average QB in the league. We basically have the C- version of Kirk Cousins. So instead of entering year 4 of a complete rebuild next season, we are mired in mediocrity with no clear direction.

middle of the pack is the worst place to be. I am happy though. I have 6 SBs to watch on youtube whenever it gets too bad!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.