Home Sports Talk

Remember Jimmy Garappolo...

CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 8, 2023 5:23PM in Sports Talk

...and that other guy? They used to play for the 49er's. LOL. Take care...
CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 49ers coach will go with the quarterback who got injured early this year. You can’t fix stupid. It’s the dumb rule that no one loses their job because of an injury.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The 49ers coach will go with the quarterback who got injured early this year. You can’t fix stupid. It’s the dumb rule that no one loses their job because of an injury.

Yep...Interesting...

CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 1999, the Buffalo Bills were putting the finishing touches on an 11-5 season with a wild-card berth. Doug Flutie, the former CFL star who had started 15 games for the Bills during that 1999 season, was one of several starters to sit out the final game of the season, with the result having no bearing on Buffalo’s playoff standing. In came Rob Johnson, who was relegated to backup status during the season despite his hefty contract. With arguably the best game of his Bills career, Johnson completed 75% of his passes for 287 yards and two touchdowns, without suffering a sack.

This is when things took a turn. Following the win, coach Wade Phillips inexplicably named Johnson the starting quarterback for the Wild Card game (despite Flutie’s 15 starts that season). Johnson’s playoff debut became the infamous “Music City Miracle,” when Frank Wycheck passed the ball on a controversial forward lateral to spring open a kickoff-return touchdown in the closing seconds of the game. The Tennessee Titans would win, 22-16, and the Bills wouldn’t return to the playoffs for nearly two full decades. The long shadow of controversy behind that quarterback decision still looms, twenty years later.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.