Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GTG Lincoln Cent… grade posted.

AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 6, 2023 6:45PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This one is easy to find so please guess, then go cheat >:) .

It’s 1 of 3 AU58+ memorial cents at PCGS.

Comments

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

63RB

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't find the luster- probably just the photo.
    I'll go MS65 BR

peacockcoins

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

ill say 58 maybe a plus

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

65 (very attractive) BN

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 Pretty coin.

Larry

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say MS64 BN... nice...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS 62 BN

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

63 brown. Did someone actually pay to have that slabbed?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2023 6:38PM

@291fifth said:

Yes I did. It’s part of my BN/RB memorial registry. Different strokes for different folks. Besides, why wouldn’t I? Another from the same eBay album sold for $200+. If I can buy the entire album for $5 and sell just 1 coin from it leaving a net profit of roughly $175 it makes perfect sense to do it.

• Options
    dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

MS-63 BN.

Young Numismatist

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanSki said:

@291fifth said:

Yes I did. It’s part of my BN/RB memorial registry. Different strokes for different folks. Besides, why wouldn’t I? Another from the same eBay album sold for $200+. If I can buy the entire album for $5 and sell just 1 coin from it leaving a net profit of roughly $175 it makes perfect sense to do it.

If you can get that kind of money for other coins in your registry set perhaps you should sell them now while the market for them is hot. Don't wait for the market to cool.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too late, but looking at the picture, would have got that one.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice cent!

• Options
    PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2023 7:36AM

There looks to be a little wear on the coat. It could have been overlooked as "cabinet rub." The thing to bear in mind is it's MS64, at minimum, if you overlook the rub. I believe some refer to these as "AU64s." The "+" isn't hurting it none, either. This will market as a near-gem, or gem, although I believe it has a very accurate technical grade on it. It's a pretty coin. I could look at it all day long, and not tire of it.

• Options

@291fifth said:

@AlanSki said:

@291fifth said:

If you can get that kind of money for other coins in your registry set perhaps you should sell them now while the market for them is hot. Don't wait for the market to cool.

Not all of them have been graded yet. It’s a work in progress.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, grading is all over the place. We have people saying anything from full GEM to AU and everything in-between. AU58+ is like splitting the atom. I'm positive it would come back around MS63BN if resubmitted. Well, admittedly I haven't seen it in hand, but the pictures suggest to me MS62-63. Especially with the vertical hit right on the cheek

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    Man, grading is all over the place. We have people saying anything from full GEM to AU and everything in-between. AU58+ is like splitting the atom. I'm positive it would come back around MS63BN if resubmitted. Well, admittedly I haven't seen it in hand, but the pictures suggest to me MS62-63. Especially with the vertical hit right on the cheek

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

To the OP, your photos are interesting because on this coin and that 22 plain cent, the forum members are guessing significantly over the actual label grades. Either pcgs is ridiculously bad at grading, or your photos are glamor shots not capturing the true wear & present state the coin is in. If these photos are accurate, every coin should easily gold bean at cac. You may want to start grading exclusively with cac, as your coin values will jump dramatically.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file