Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$1000 Bills??

I have the opportunity to buy this $1000 Bill and I was wondering if any of you could help me out once again? I have never seen one of these in real life so I am excited but not sure of the worth or if it being from Chicago makes it pretty common?

It is 1934 Chicago $1000, I have read up that 167,000 of them were printed in the run
I like the low serial number G00050553A

Thank you all for the help :)

Looks like it isn't too stained or anything, and I could not see any pinholes either

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the price?

• Options
    JDsCoinsJDsCoins Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

$2000 Even for it

• Options

Looks good to me - I'd buy it at that price, seems like a good deal

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

I'm curious to hear how much this note is being offered to you for. That said, the serial number isn't all that low, nor is it all that rare. I would expect a note like this to sell for $2500ish on eBay.

delenda est WitterU

• Options

Offered at $2000

Yeah I haven't found anything that says it is an exceptionally rare note, and it is worn, can tell the slight stains at the top.

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

@JDsCoins said:
    Offered at $2000

Yeah I haven't found anything that says it is an exceptionally rare note, and it is worn, can tell the slight stains at the top.

$2000 is pretty good in this market. Offer $1800 (or lower) and see what happens.

delenda est WitterU

• Options

Yeah I kinda was thinking the same,

But want to make sure I am respectful to the seller

• Options

$2000 is a great price.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s going on with the lower edge, just below the portrait ?

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

2,ooo isint bad take a chance if you want, jmo

• Options

That is a good price for Ebay $1K notes. It's not graded so I would ask for ask many pictures as possible. Ask for pictures with a light behind the note so you can see flaws such as holes. I light from the side will reveal folds and bends. How is the seller's feedback? AC

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

2000 is a steal at current market

• Options

Yes it is a steal if all things are copasetic.

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you take it to the bank you can always get $1000. So for $2000 you are only risking $1000 if it is genuine (which it looks to be).

As someone else said the serial number is not low and Chicago is a very common District for $1000s.

I see a center fold but can't tell if there are any others from the pics. The corners look to be fairly sharp. If the bill has some crispness I would guess VF30-35.

High denominations are hot right now. If there are no problems it should sell for $3000 easily on Ebay.