Home Sports Talk
Options

Mark Davis wants to sign Brady next season

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine Brady in Silver and Black!

NFL Owner Reportedly Wants Team To Sign Tom Brady

The Las Vegas Raiders are in need of a new starting quarterback — and owner Mark Davis reportedly wants Tom Brady to fill that role in 2023.

A former Raiders executive says Davis is all in on adding Brady to the roster this offseason, but head coach Josh McDaniels may not be.

“Mark is embarrassed,” the former exec said, per Jason Cole of OutKick. “He was pissed last year when the Chiefs and Bears brought so many fans to town. Now it’s happening every week. He wants it to stop. He wanted Brady before when Jon Gruden finally turned it down and now, he wants Brady again. Mark thinks having McDaniels is going to be the key.

“But I’m hearing McDaniels is not so sure.”

Brady, 45, is currently playing on the final year of his contract in Tampa Bay and is set to become a free agent this offseason. The Raiders benched longtime starter Derek Carr before Week 17, parting ways with the veteran signal caller.

Las Vegas is in the midst of a disappointing 6-10 season, despite massive expectations coming into the year. The team still has a wealth of offensive weapons — including superstar wide receiver Davante Adams — that could be attractive for Brady.

Should the Raiders take a young quarterback in this year's draft, or pursue a veteran option like Brady?

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2023 11:28AM

Sounds about right. It's a Davis family tradition. George Blanda filled in at QB in 1970. He was 43 years old. He did great! He was named NFL Man of The Year that season. Blanda was the place kicker. He retired from the Raiders when he was 49 years old.

The family tradition didn't carry over into personal grooming however. Daddy was much more suave than junior. And he had a better barber.

• Options
    edited January 5, 2023 11:52AM

He signs with the Raiders next season, I bet my drunken Tom Brady doll on it.

• Options

It's 3:30 p.m., time for my daily swipe at Aaron Rodgers.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I could see him going to the Dolphins still...like he was planning, and getting into ownership. If he does continue playing I would watch and enjoy, with one caveat. I do not believe that I could stand watching him play for an AFC East team not named the Patriots. That would be sickening. 🤮🤬🤮🤬🤮🤬

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

He might be effective if he can get a better offense coordinator and a couple of receivers. The receiver issue drove him from New England, and better coaching could have made better this year in Tampa. He’s lost some sharpness, but could credible under a better setting. I sure he won’t play for Tampa next year, whether it be with another team or in the broadcast booth.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree he wont play in Tampa next season.

I could see him in LV, SF or MIA.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I agree he wont play in Tampa next season.

I could see him in LV, SF or MIA.

SF has always been the rumored final landing spot, even many years ago.

• Options

I think he would look good in red and gold.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be cool to see Methuselah
    In a Raiders uniform next year so he can take a losing part in the Chiefs
    8th straight AFC west title.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

People it’s not like he is just welcome anywhere to come and throw his 4 yard dunkers.
    His yards per attempt is pathetic the only reason he has a lot of passing yards is he throws 50 passes a game.
    Most teams already have someone much better.3

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:
    People it’s not like he is just welcome anywhere to come and throw his 4 yard dunkers.
    His yards per attempt is pathetic the only reason he has a lot of passing yards is he throws 50 passes a game.
    Most teams already have someone much better.3

did you watch the last game?

Brady is last on the list for pocket time. 2.2 seconds. tops on the list? Herbert and Mahomes.

when you dont have time in the pocket, you have to throw quick "dunkers" no time for WR to get open long

• Options

Craig I really do hope he plays for the Raiders it would be great to see him no longer rule a division like he did in NE and Tampa.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:
    Craig I really do hope he plays for the Raiders it would be great to see him no longer rule a division like he did in NE and Tampa.

Give Tommy the same time in the pocket Mahomes gets and he would be over 40 TDs and 5000 yards. that he has played as well as he has with that junk line is truly amazing.