Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The "SHOCKER" Coins! WARNING: R

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2, 2023 2:52PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
There are coins that really surprise you that were minted, than there are coins that really SHOCK you!
:o:o:o
Well, this particular one is a real SHOCKER! Very surprising. What in the world were they thinking?
:D

Post your SHOCKER! But, only Legitimate coins, please? I realize there are some raunchy bullion rounds that are NOT legitimately minted by an official government.
Thanks
;)
Mad Marty, comes to mind. lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2023 1:08PM

    My dealer friend just gave this to me.
    What a gift, huh?
    :D
    Going to clean it up a bit, when I get home.
    Not the theme but the coin itself. ACETONE / EZEST
    :D

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2023 1:07PM

    I know there are other "Shocking" coins out there! With different themes.
    Thanks

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I understand that this was modeled after a small tiki that resides in Germany. Why, I do not know. I do not believe it represents a Easter Island statue, but I could be wrong. If anyone knows add their information, please.
    Jim


    When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Don’t think I can top that one —

  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Mr_Spud said:
    Not really shocking, but at the time of release I heard it was controversial enough to cover up Liberty going forward

    Yep, that's a good one too!
    Thanks

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Mr_Spud said:
    Not really shocking, but at the time of release I heard it was controversial enough to cover up Liberty going forward

    I’ve seen similar posted many times over the years. But it seems that there hasn't been any documentation of that claim and that it’s just a fabrication. If anyone has any facts to the contrary, please post it.

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A fertility god, I believe.

    As to why your dealer friend gifted it to you, I'll leave that up to you to figure out. :*

    I've seen these in collector sets. I wasn't aware they actually circulated.

  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Franklin in purple haze...Shocker!


  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2023 1:34PM

    @MFeld said:

    ... If that’s only “PG” rated 🫢😵what, on earth, would “R” or “X” be?
    😉

    You know, you're right! I'll edit the rating.
    Thanks
    ;)

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MFeld said:

    I’ve seen similar posted many times over the years. But it seems that there hasn't been any documentation of that claim and that it’s just a fabrication. If anyone has any facts to the contrary, please post it.

    Yes, it’s an unconfirmed rumor. But it makes a good believable story. Here’s an article about the rumor https://www.pcgs.com/news/standing-tall-against-controversy-and-scandal-the-standing-liberty-quarter

    Mr_Spud

  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Mr_Spud said:

    @MFeld said:

    I’ve seen similar posted many times over the years. But it seems that there hasn't been any documentation of that claim and that it’s just a fabrication. If anyone has any facts to the contrary, please post it.

    Yes, it’s an unconfirmed rumor. But it makes a good believable story. Here’s an article about the rumor https://www.pcgs.com/news/standing-tall-against-controversy-and-scandal-the-standing-liberty-quarter

    Wow, great article. Thanks

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wonder if Mad Marty ever thought of turning his avatar into a GIF? Think of the possibilities.

  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Mr_Spud said:

    @MFeld said:

    I’ve seen similar posted many times over the years. But it seems that there hasn't been any documentation of that claim and that it’s just a fabrication. If anyone has any facts to the contrary, please post it.

    Yes, it’s an unconfirmed rumor. But it makes a good believable story. Here’s an article about the rumor https://www.pcgs.com/news/standing-tall-against-controversy-and-scandal-the-standing-liberty-quarter

    Actually, I think “refuted rumor” would be more accurate.

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Here's another.

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @OKbustchaser said:
    I hesitate to show this one, but I am the Bustchaser.

    Before anyone asks, Cuba. :D

  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yes, a bit of gratuitous anatomic display. Or check out the new coin, the Who-- of Babylon! Yikes!

    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Same shocker, just a bit more forbidden and even...shockier!

    Coins are Neato!

    "If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No shocking coins to show... and really, at my age, nothing shocks me anymore. The quarter story was thoroughly debunked long ago, nice to see the article above, because the rumor persists in the numismatic community. The first 'shocker' has been shown here for years. So, unless there is a coin depicting Gypsy Rose Lee, I guess I still await a real shock. :D;) Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice things coins.

  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

    what is shown isn't going to shock me at all

    Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I won't post an image, but those interested check out a 1970 EQUATORIAL GUINEA Goya Maja Silver 100Peseta Coin


    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,
    There are coins that really surprise you that were minted, than there are coins that really SHOCK you!
    :o:o:o
    Well, this particular one is a real SHOCKER! Very surprising. What in the world were they thinking?
    :D

    Post your SHOCKER! But, only Legitimate coins, please? I realize there are some raunchy bullion rounds that are NOT legitimately minted by an official government.
    Thanks
    ;)
    Mad Marty, comes to mind. lol

    That celebrates their cultural heritage. That's what they were thinking.

  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @gonzer said:
    I wonder if Mad Marty ever thought of turning his avatar into a GIF? Think of the possibilities.

    Members who have been here awhile consider the OP coin to be "old hat".

    Pete

    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BuffaloIronTail said:
    Members who have been here awhile consider the OP coin to be "old hat".

    I know. I did see this on the forum before.
    Like I stated when I mentioned Mad Marty.
    But when I finally seen this coin first hand, it really does appear more shocking!
    lol
    ;)

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file