Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

NYINC-Stacks Yep, selling my Albanians. Plus GB gold and more.

My Albanian set wasn't going to get much better or more complete (it won one of the 'big' awards ATS--best classic set 2020, which didn't even include some really nice PCGS coins of course). And it turns out I'm 'catch and release' when I feel done.

In any case there are all the big non-gold provas (minus one) including the 20 FrA with fasces. More than half are 'top pops' though mostly in the minors. And there are a couple of proofs too. I can add photos, but will start with a link to the Stacks auctions. All are under my NGC pseudonym StarCityHomer.

I'm also turning loose some 2 pound gold pieces--a direction I never fulfilled. One is a (IMO) superb matte proof, a really nice Victoria I almost kept out of sentimentality (one of my first big coins and purchased raw from a board member), and a George IV that rated an actual video from Stacks :smiley:

Plus a cool Japanese coin--a very rare date of a common brass coin, and it comes with the original JNDA certificate I bought it with (raw out of a Japanese auction). Decent example but another board member sold me an upgrade with a cool pedigree.

And an Italy/Genoa 4L coin (another decent rando that never went anywhere).

The Stacks link: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots?sort=auction_date_lot_number_asc&search=star+city+homer+collection&limit=96&lots_range=upcoming

The cool video of the George IV 2 pound: https://youtu.be/6FhuKwnc2UQ

And if anyone wants to see the Albanians in the NGC registry. The PCGS 5 FrA silver in MS-67 isn't shown of course, nor are the proofs also in PCGS slabs (I had lesser examples in NGC slabs for the set). https://ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/164777/

Comments

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Senator32Senator32 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork I have to say, the 1823 2 Pound is a great looking coin. I hand-picked it as a coin to animate because of the eye appeal. Good luck on the sale!

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Senator32 said:
    @Stork I have to say, the 1823 2 Pound is a great looking coin. I hand-picked it as a coin to animate because of the eye appeal. Good luck on the sale!

Thank you! Are you with Stacks too? That's cool! And that video is amazing. And, because I'm biased, so is the coin IMO :smiley:

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭

@Senator32 said:

Good choice for a video - very nice. Good eye Stork

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! Wonderful collection!

• Senator32Senator32 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork said:

I am! A dream job! You all PM me or email me if you ever want a video or opinion on a coin!

Just for attention, here is the PCGS Trueview for the 66+ 1 FrA. It is a remarkable coin specifically because it lacks to otherwise near ubiquitous 'die chip' mark on the beam of the ship. It's rare to see one without, and it's by far the best one I've seen this way. I wish that was included in the catalog.

• mlov43mlov43 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

Incredible coins in that Albanian collection. They are already pretty popular...
    Please let us know how the whole auction experience went for you after it's all finished!

Thank you! It has been quite the obsession for awhile. And going by the one really nice coin that just sold at Heritage I may have a bigger bucket for the Japanese coins. Which are not quite as popular.