Home U.S. Coin Forum

Best selling new coin for 2023

HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any ideas as to what might be the best selling new coin for 2023 ?

I know it's early. Many days left in 2023. :)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Comments

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

It might not be the “best selling” because of mintage limits but I guess the 2023 Morgan-Peace reverse proof set is most likely to have people crawling over each other to get.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ Ricko
    👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

The reverse proof type 1&2 ase bombed. $175 release price and available for $200. 125,000 mintage. I thought it was a winner but noooooo🫢

• If you look at the subscriptions already approaching sell out a full year ahead of release, the Morgan 2 coin 2923 set would be my bet.

edited December 31, 2022 8:57AM

Which 2923 2- coin morgan set are you looking at ? 🧐
    I agree that it will sell out 😉

Pictures please

• Hi Custerlost, thank you for posting on the 2023 Morgan and Peace Dollar subscriptions! I do not currently own any prior year dollars, and was not aware of the subscriptions! Mike

• Yes I misspoke, the two coin set is a reverse proof Morgan an peace, currently slated for second half of the year. Problem with subscription booking that far out is that a lot of info changes over time, such as credit card number, shipping address, etc. it helps to check your mint account from time to time and make sure the card is valid or the order will get cancelled.

It avoids the Taylor Swift computer bots, which is good, but you are agreeing to buy something that the expected price could change on between now and then.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2023 8:39AM

@Custerlost said:
    Yes I misspoke, the two coin set is a reverse proof Morgan an peace, currently slated for second half of the year. Problem with subscription booking that far out is that a lot of info changes over time, such as credit card number, shipping address, etc. it helps to check your mint account from time to time and make sure the card is valid or the order will get cancelled.

It avoids the Taylor Swift computer bots, which is good, but you are agreeing to buy something that the expected price could change on between now and then.

If you decide that the actual price is unacceptable prior to release, you have the option of cancelling your subscription.

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/shop/subscriptions/#shop-enrollments

Edited to add a source.

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Pictures please

He apparently has a magic ball that sees into the future 😅... I'm guessing most of the collectible coins will be worth the value of a house by then... But with inflation a dollar today will be worth a Fractional cent by then. Sadly none of us will be around to see it.

edited January 1, 2023 12:29PM

As far as the op question my guess, based on demand, is the Morgan's and peace dollars will be the hottest sellers and sold out before they even hit the market... And the 1923 peace and 1923 Morgan's (kidding - it's a joke 😅) will increase in value at least for a while as now there's another 100 yr matching set possibility as there was with the '21s.

As far as by volume, ase will always be in demand but I wouldn't expect any serious disruptions to limit mint numbers all that much as there was the last few years, so I don't anticipate the '23 year being anything but normal (ie not like '86 or '95 or '19).

• Yes I think the mint needs to bring back half cents, 2 cent, and 3 cent coins. There are so many modern day transactions that need fractionals. And there is still a coin shortage. So these would be very popular in 2023 and beyond.

They need to be VERY small in size and made of a CHEAP material so as not to cost the mint more in production costs than their face value is worth. How about make them from recycled plastic water bottles?

• DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Custerlost said:
    Yes I think the mint needs to bring back half cents, 2 cent, and 3 cent coins. There are so many modern day transactions that need fractionals. And there is still a coin shortage. So these would be very popular in 2023 and beyond.

They need to be VERY small in size and made of a CHEAP material so as not to cost the mint more in production costs than their face value is worth. How about make them from recycled plastic water bottles?

I disagree, I don’t really see how any modern day transactions would require fractionals. Most cashiers nowadays barely know how to make change as it is, no need to confuse them any more than they already are. I’d prefer that cents stop being made actually, and just round transactions to the nearest .05

@DeplorableDan I would enjoy the collectors side of fractionals but also agree as I’ve had conversations about SBA’s really being a dollar with several cashiers. I realize that they don’t see many of them. Interesting situation 🤔

• DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    @DeplorableDan I would enjoy the collectors side of fractionals but also agree as I’ve had conversations about SBA’s really being a dollar with several cashiers. I realize that they don’t see many of them. Interesting situation 🤔

Uh oh, was it blasphemy for me to suggest we stop producing cents on a coin collecting forum? 😅

Collecting tendencies aside, we’re then capable as a society to find a way to round to the nearest .05. No one’s gonna go hungry because a cheeseburger cost 8.70 instead of 8.68. On top of the fact that it costs more than .02 to make .01, it just makes no cents.

• AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 338 ✭✭✭

@spyglassdesign said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Pictures please

He apparently has a magic ball that sees into the future 😅... I'm guessing most of the collectible coins will be worth the value of a house by then... But with inflation a dollar today will be worth a Fractional cent by then. Sadly none of us will be around to see it.

A dollar today buys about what 2 cents bought in 1792, so we're already there.

@Atcarroll said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Pictures please

A dollar today buys about what 2 cents bought in 1792, so we're already there.

Yes but in 900 years it will be way worse... 🫣

@3stars said:
    King Charles III gold sovereign. First new monarch in 70 years.

Ooh good one. Hadn't thought about that!

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

God save the King !! If anyone sees this coin being minted please post it on the Forum. I am definitely in for one.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

No longer available from RM but you can still get them from either Chards or Britannia coin for issue price.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2023 8:41PM

New coin? Bullion Silver Eagle..
    But.
    I think the 1881-S Morgan will outsell everything. :#

Collector, occasional seller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file