Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does this peace dollar show doubling?

https://ebay.com/itm/394390870792?hash=item5bd3871b08%3Ag%3AkXAAAOSw1xFjpONU&nma=true&si=iesaG6M7IaR9mhtSKG%252B2tyT6Yms%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I see what looks like doubling on the obverse in ER in Liberty, o in God and in the date. The picture is terrible so I am not sure.

Rob the Newbie

Comments

• johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to say.... really looks like lighting glare to me... cannot confirm doubling of any type. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

cant tell from here :(

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Read this seller's neutral feedback. Most are with the same juiced photo complaints. Any doubling may just be lighting and mirror effect and may not be doubling.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2022 12:36PM

Yep,

the ebay gamble!

Many are cherry picked, many fail when receive.
    Good Luck!
    This is why, I'd rather C.P. straight from the LCS, than on the bay or any website.
    :*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has a blinding look ... can't tell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file