Home Sports Talk
Options

Have you ever seen this much snow?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 27, 2022 12:12PM in Sports Talk

Bills players returned home and had to dig their cars out, I think they got about 22 inches.

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Bills players returned home and had to dig their cars out, I think they got about 22 inches.

>
    >
    Apparently that's called a SnowHawk and its a pretty big thing with the Bruh crowd. 😎

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm shocked the Bills didn't have the grounds crew or maintenance clear their cars?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I saw that SUV with the mountain of snow in the roof. I know it's a pain, but you really should not leave the parking lot with that on the vehicle.

Here in Florida, the high was 45 degrees on Christmas Day. It's cold day here if it doesn't reach 60. We didn't get any snow and didn't even have frost on the ground because the air was bone dry. It still managed to kill some uncovered plants on my lawn, however. :/

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

About 5 years ago we actually got a good amount of snow, I had a blast playing with the neighborhood kids, we even made a snowman Cam Newton.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I'm shocked the Bills didn't have the grounds crew or maintenance clear their cars?

Agreed. I can see an injury update that a Bills player is out hurting themselves digging out their vehicle on Bills property.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2022 8:26AM

No.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sombody's creation a few years ago, pondering their fate while watching traffic over the Massachusetts Turnpike. Pretty well done I thought.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

2022 just broke the record for Buffalo from 1976 which I lived through. So much snow fell they had to dump it in city parks. It was still melting in July 1977 and that not an exaggeration

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    2022 just broke the record for Buffalo from 1976 which I lived through. So much snow fell they had to dump it in city parks. It was still melting in July 1977 and that not an exaggeration

Wow

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Many times, in Colorado where I grew up.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Me too! Were the players really digging out their own cars. I ask for two reasons...One, these guys have almost everything done for them. And two, shoveling is legitimately an injury risk.

• Options
    edited December 28, 2022 4:59PM

Testosterone filled young males who play a violent sport that requires them to be in top physical condition should be shielded from having to remove snow off their cars!!!!! (because they have everything done for them and because they might be injured?)

Geeze, what type of mindset is present in today's society that gives this reasoning any credence or validity.

How about cancelling NFL games when there is any hint of snow, rain, wind, or sunny skies with temperatures over 85 degrees. Players should not be required to play in those conditions (because you know they might get hurt, or even worse get a sunburn). Can't have your NFL players participate in any activity (including games) where there is a legitimate risk of injury.

These NFL players should toughen up.

In the 1930's my dad walked 20 miles to school every day (10 miles going to school from home in the morning and the same 10 miles in the afternoon going from school to home), uphill both ways, through snow storms/blizzards, from Labor Day to Memorial Day during the school year. He had it tough and never complained. Neither did his classmates. Those kids from Miami, Florida in the 1930's were tough I tell you :)

I did the same thing in the 1960's growing up in Denver. I never complained. I shoveled snow to make money (and mowed lawns also) as a kid. No one (parents, teachers, school administrators, etc.) ever gave me any break from my daily labors even though I legitimately risked injury every single day.

Now get off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII

you should really consider posting more often

• Options

galaxy27

If I was not so busy with other things I would post more to the Sports Forum. I need to stay away from posting too much, as it can become a bad habit that detracts from other things going on.

Anyway, I do not have the chops/intellect/wit to keep up with high quality banter (and sometimes Smack Down) that happens on the Sports Forum :)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    galaxy27

If I was not so busy with other things I would post more to the Sports Forum. I need to stay away from posting too much, as it can become a bad habit that detracts from other things going on.

Anyway, I do not have the chops/intellect/wit to keep up with high quality banter (and sometimes Smack Down) that happens on the Sports Forum :)

your family, your friends, your work, and any other areas of interest taking a backseat to these hallowed grounds that are ripe with infinite wisdom is generally considered weak sauce and therefore frowned upon.

please recalibrate your priorities and try harder.

there are ways to reingratiate yourself with the masses here. e.g., sharing pictures of grandchildren and their lofty aspirations is always a heartwarming practice around these parts.

like one wallowing in mud, training to be a wrestler.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

To answer the question, yes, out my front window. This blizzard was worse than 1977 IMO, especially for us in the Northtowns of Buffalo.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2022 6:19PM

@ajaan said:
    To answer the question, yes, out my front window. This blizzard was worse than 1977 IMO, especially for us in the Northtowns of Buffalo.

That’s what my friends in Buffalo said. You guys just had a record snow a few weeks ago and now this.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hang in there - 11 weeks and it'll be the end of March and we'll be done with the majority of this stuff.

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    Hang in there - 11 weeks and it'll be the end of March and we'll be done with the majority of this stuff.

And then the snow melts and it’s 50 degrees in April and the lake effect dumps 6” of snow on Buffalo. You wind up practicing (baseball) on a parking lot. Yeah been there done that.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭

Kingvale Ca and other areas in the Sierra Nevada receive 300 to 400 or more inches of snow on average years

of course the population is not that of a major city !!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@VikingDude said:

And then the snow melts and it’s 50 degrees in April and the lake effect dumps 6” of snow on Buffalo. You wind up practicing (baseball) on a parking lot. Yeah been there done that.

When I was a baseball coach in Colorado, we practiced in a parking lot many, many times.