Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Counterfeit 1881-CC "Morgans" including belt buckles!

burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 18, 2023 5:41AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Latest listing on the Internet; breaking bad 1881-CC "Morgan" Morgans out of the bad holders and making money clips at $150 a pop B) :

Hadn't seen that cert number used on these yet:

Genuine image as a sanity check!

Also has an 1883-CC fake:

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2022 10:25AM
    #  Headed to the bank. What was address for this magnificent offering 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the capture pictures.... They will not stop... there are so many out there that do not know and do not research. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Listings are gone, for the time being...

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Maybe anyone foolish enough to fall for this kind of thing deserves to be taken.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1874 said:
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. Maybe anyone foolish enough to fall for this kind of thing deserves to be taken.

Well I'de say at least try to inform them the 1st time - then if idiots prevail and don't want the education then sit back and watch them throw their money away...... really nothing more you can do!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

It really doesn't take much effort to report bad listings regardless...

• Options

@Steven59 I think that plenty can be done when criminals are counterfeiting US dollars, grading slabs and ripping people off. This is so wrong. It needs to be stopped. It's people like me who will get screwed. I'm learning and studying as much as I can but I can easily be fooled. I do live by the rule "if it's to good to be true it usually is" but that doesn't mean they won't price it just enough to temp someone. I guess this is where ebay policies work. If it's fake I know I'll get my money back. Those phony slabs are scary.

• Options

Comment from the Coin Week article:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file