Home Sports Talk
Options

Your favorite stadium?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is the LA Colosseum, I like it because it reminds me so much of the ancient Roman Colosseum.

LA Colosseum

The Ancient Roman Colosseum

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly long gone. Many memories there for me.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    charlesf20charlesf20 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

Jack Russell Stadium

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

Candlestick Park (football not Baseball). Weather wasn't that bad in football season. Was always colder in the summer there.

Matt

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2022 3:00PM

The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum....#1
    Wrigley Field.....#2
    Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium...#3

I'll have more to add.....later....but....those 3 ball parks are the best that I have personally been to for a great game experience!... Hands Down.....For Reasons..... It's not all about the game on the field....

The worst 3 stadiums that I have ever been to are The Astrodome, in Houston and The Kingdome , in Seattle.... and the Superdome in New Orleans...... The Superdome STINKS....and I mean it LITERALLY STINKS!....YUK!

But, to be fair.... It's not just the Superdome that stinks around there.....The whole town smells bad...EVERYWHERE!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best baseball stadium I've ever been in was Camden Yards in Baltimore. But I have to admit I have not been to that many. The list for me includes Fenway Park, Connie Mack Stadium, Shea's Stadium, Veterans Stadium and the Tampa dome. Some of those were pretty bad.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2022 11:02AM

@BillJones said:
    The best baseball stadium I've ever been in was Camden Yards in Baltimore. But I have to admit I have not been to that many. The list for me includes Fenway Park, Connie Mack Stadium, Shea's Stadium, Veterans Stadium and the Tampa dome. Some of those were pretty bad.

That stadium was the father of, what, 21 of the current parks ( 2 LA, both Chicago, TOR, KC, BOS, NYY, TB and OAK being the exceptions).

I used to have Thanksgiving with one of my brothers at our aunt's house outside of Baltimore. I went to the site before they opened it the next spring and it was almost finished. There were workers there, but no security. I was able to wander around the entire park: field, dugouts, clubhouses, each level, etc. It was spectacular.

My brother, who worked in the parks department in DC, had done most of his work with the preservation and certification/declaration of historical sites. He was bemoaning the abandonment of Memorial Stadium, etc.

I told him I was able to walk unfettered through the new ballpark. I told him that the second you enter the new stadium that Memorial Stadium would become a distant memory.

Next Thanksgiving, after having gone to an Orioles game that summer, he reluctantly conceded that point.

• Options
    edited December 24, 2022 2:26PM

Dodger Stadium is pretty cool......Ahh....That SoCal scenery!.....

And...Talk About The Local Scenery?.....

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

And

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    edited December 25, 2022 8:40AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS!