Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL on Saturday and Sunday

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 20, 2022 1:06PM in Sports Talk

Has this ever happened before, the NFL is going to be playing most of it's games on Saturday Christmas Eve and then three games on Sunday Christmas Day, this is a bit weird. I like it though, we get football the entire weekend!

Comments

• Options

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!

• Options

Oh goody, the Packers are playing on Christmas day, we get to watch Santa Rodgers!

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO Saints vs. Cleveland might be good, the forecast right now is for a temp. in the low teens with snow and winds of about 25mph. That might mean advantage Browns with the running game and the fans will all be juiced up trying to stay warm!! :p

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I LOVE it

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta take up the space between college football playoffs.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its GREAT!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    NO Saints vs. Cleveland might be good, the forecast right now is for a temp. in the low teens with snow and winds of about 25mph. That might mean advantage Browns with the running game and the fans will all be juiced up trying to stay warm!! :p

Goodell is pondering moving this one to the comfy dome in N.O.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2022 4:40AM

@LandrysFedora said:

@Maywood said:

Goodell is pondering moving this one to the comfy dome in N.O.

Spoil sport!

I remember an American Football league game, in the mid 1960s,, between New England and Buffalo that was played during a big snow storm in Buffalo. This was before there were any heating coils under the turf. All of the yard markers were covered with snow. About the only thing you could see on the field was the goal posts. Players slipping and sliding on every play. I think there was one touchdown in the game that won it.

Of course there was the New England-Oakland play-off game in the middle of a blizzard when Tom Brady was beginning his career. And who could forget the little snowplow incident when New England cleared off a little spot to help their kicker make a field goal to beat Miami? The late Don Shula was beyond pissed.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be an interesting game Saturday, Saints vs. Browns with conditions which almost ensure a minimal passing attack from either side. Latest forecast has temps. starting to drop early Friday morning and reaching single digits by Friday evening, rain turning to snow and high winds, steady at 25mph and gusting to 50mph. There's currently a "boating warning" out right now that calls for waves from 10-20 feet in Eastern Lake Erie.