Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm awfully tired...

AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

of having to close threads in which the majority of members are engaging in interesting debate because a handful of people can't seem to have a discussion without attacking each other on a personal level. If you cannot get past personal attacks, then please do not post. You are ruining this place for everyone else.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Ok guys... I feel the Trout, I dig the Hasbulla, but c'mon @doubledragon, Sheriff Rodgers? I thought you liked me? Lol

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Ok guys... I feel the Trout, I dig the Hasbulla, but c'mon @doubledragon, Sheriff Rodgers? I thought you liked me? Lol

I do like you buddy, Sheriff Rodgers is my strange way of saying everyone needs to calm down and have a good laugh! 😂🖒

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 12:50PM

I take full responsibility. It's all my fault. As Showboat recently advised me...."Before you post anything, send me a PM so we can flesh it out before you hit post comment. I should have listened but the voices in my head told me, "No. Don't. It's A trap."..... And besides that I think Showboat is undercover C.I.A. ...I try my best but.....

I gotta' go now.....The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ just came into the cell....Time for my meds.....And then my nappy...

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan Merry Christmas Todd. Haven’t seen you pop up lately. Shall I stir it up a bit?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Lol @2dueces Hey Joe, Merry Christmas! I try let you guys roll along without too much of my input, but sometimes I feel the need to step in and comment. I have really enjoyed all of the sports debates I've see posted lately. I just don't like it when a debate heads towards personal attacks. It really isn't too difficult to disagree without calling the other person names.

• Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 3:07PM

I'm naked and attacking myself personally due to internal conflicting thoughts on bets on my BILLS for winning it all. Hoping this is ok. :) but what do I actually do here.

The attacks kinda seem like dudes talking in a bar. No actual physical pain involved. Just dudes talkin'. Would let some of it roll, unless of course under orders of 'those people' taking over out there (ruining the U.S) .

Maybe a code word is needed in threads.. ie: if the dude talking crap is saying something in his mind like he's sitting next to the other dude on a barstool.... but in writing it comes off like a death threat :) ..... Maybe include code word in the post .. like 'scrotum' or something, which means .. just talking trash B.... !

I doubt there is anyone here actually mentally affected by whatever anyone 'posts on a message board'. If so they are weak little panzies who may be comforted by a simple little 'scrotum :) ' smiley post from who posts something they don;t like.

message boards suck for being anything close to real conversations. RocknRoll B's.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ridethelightning said:
    I'm naked and attacking myself personally due to internal conflicting thoughts on bets on my BILLS for winning it all. Hoping this is ok. :) but what do I actually do here.

The attacks kinda seem like dudes talking in a bar. No actual physical pain involved. Just dudes talkin'. Would let some of it roll, unless of course under orders of 'those people' taking over out there (ruining the U.S) .

Maybe a code word is needed in threads.. ie: if the dude talking crap is saying something in his mind like he's sitting next to the other dude on a barstool.... but in writing it comes off like a death threat :) ..... Maybe include code word in the post .. like 'scrotum' or something, which means .. just talking trash B.... !

I doubt there is anyone here actually mentally affected by whatever anyone 'posts on a message board'. If so they are weak little panzies who may be comforted by a simple little 'scrotum :) ' smiley post from who posts something they don;t like.

message boards suck for being anything close to real conversations. RocknRoll B's.

You might need to be reminded that you are a guest on these boards. There is no debate to the rules, and the moderator rules supreme. If you think otherwise, perhaps you should seek greener pastures.

• Options

I try to let you guys roll along without much interaction on my part. We're all adults here and I recognize how guys give and take in a bar-type situation. The thing is that this is a forum sponsored by PSA, and it is not a bar. So while give-and-take is understood and fine by me, I need to step in when things move from "I disagree with you about X athlete because..." and head into "You're an idiot because you think that way." The first example is fine, the second is not. I don't really see it as being terribly difficult to understand and abide by.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Merry Christmas Todd. Keep up the good work you do here. I really enjoy this forum. Can't believe I have been here over 2 years now. How time flies!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 4:45PM

@LandrysFedora said:
    Merry Christmas Todd. Keep up the good work you do here. I really enjoy this forum. Can't believe I have been here over 2 years now. How time flies!

Yea, Laundry Hat...I also can't believe you've been here over 2 years.....Must be an oversight of some sort.....If it had been up to me?...

Merry Christmas!... Laundry List.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

just my two worthless wheat pennies, but i have found myself wishing that the mod would inject himself into our (meaningful) discussions more often

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Continue the good work Todd!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 8:57PM

I hate to see a good thread get shut down because of (I assume) the same people. I learned how to play nice, maybe some people need to be told to knock off the foolishness or be banned.
    Some great information was shared on the "Schilling" thread, I'm sorry you felt you had to close it.
    Merry Christmas!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set