Home Precious Metals
Options

Prices of 1982 and 1983 Mexican Libertad Rolls & 1986 ASE Rolls

TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Truly, I don't pay much attention to the prices of individual ASEs or Libertads, but stuck in the back of an SDB were several rolls of the 1982 and 1983 Libertads and 1986 ASEs. The Libertads are in the Blanchard rolls and the ASEs in the orange capped US Mint tubes. I checked online at APMEX and found single 1986 ASEs offered at $79.06 per coin! Similarly, single Libertads from 1982 and 1983 were $53.57 and $50.57 per coin!

Is this really the current premium for these years? Alternatively, did I just have a dyslexic moment or look up the wrong bullion issues? It seems way, way too high. Thank you for the reality check.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2022 8:22PM

The Libertads seem to be in the right ballpark, and I've never figured out why Libertads have the premiums that they do. A good reference would be recent Ebay sales for both Libertad and ASE rolls. Recent discussions seem to indicate that premiums are backing off a little bit, but they are still astronomical.

For a good discussion on Silver Eagle premiums, have a listen to the Sunday interview with David Morgan on Greg Hunter's USAWatchdog.com.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

'82 & '83 Libertads are bringing $45 to $50+/ea so those prices are a touch high but not by much. The '86 eagles do not sell at anywhere near $79/ea. BU pieces regularly sell for $40 to $45/ea.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ASE price seems high, unless it is pushing the 'first year of issue' theme. Libertads seem about right... Cheers, RickO