Home Sports Talk

the GOAT loses to Mr. Irrelevant by four touchdowns

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

if this keeps up i may have to reinsert Joe Cool as the greatest lol

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank goodness I picked the 49ers.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

they stunk up the joint today, that is for sure.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucs are done, I don't think they will win the division

Atlanta or even Carolina will over take them.

Im still rather shocked they gave Todd Bowles the keys to that team

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucks are dead for the next decade. The management will let Brady go so he can play in Carolina for his last unproductive season. The rest of the team will hang it up for this year. The incompetent coaching staff that Bruce Ariens picked will screw up next year and the draft.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The GOAT is now the goat. He is gone.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭

Brady definitely has not played well the last few weeks but their problems are mostly a product of their head coach. I can't believe he hasn't been fired, he has destroyed this team. It was just unbelievable that they gave the head coaching job to the guy that let the best WR in the game last year beat them in the playoffs (64 receiving yards in the last two plays of the game when everyone and their mother knew Stafford would be throwing to Kupp).

Up until a few weeks ago I thought Brady was doing fine, not great but certainly good enough, but having watched the last 3 or 4 games, he just isn't making the right reads or the right throws. It has been disappointing to watch but I think his lackadaisical approach over the summer and in training camp, along with the weekly Wednesday day off has had a real impact on his game as well as the turmoil in his private life.

That said, this doesn't mean the Bucs can't make some sort of run if they make the playoffs. I think every team in the NFC has flaws, the Eagles are one Hurts injury away from being a mediocre team. If the Bucs make the playoffs and get lucky with matchups, injuries, and turnovers anything could happen.

Robb

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2022 12:10PM

i know there's nothing worse than watching the deterioration of a player you like, but a lot of you guys are not being honest with yourselves. this is much more than Brady just not playing well recently, and it's much more than a clueless coaching staff. this is father time not just tapping Tom Brady on the shoulder, this is father time grabbing him by both shoulders and shaking the hell out of him.

i've watched a number of Tampa games this season, including yesterday, and it's very apparent to me that Brady is much closer to being completely washed up than he is to ever showing glimpses of what he once was. his accuracy, his decision-making, his inability to generate a rapport with the best wide receiver on the team (Evans hasn't caught a TD since Oct 2, which is insane)...........it's all lacking. yesterday the last pick in the draft had a QBR roughly 3 times higher than Brady's. i found myself rooting like hell for him to find the end zone just once to avoid complete embarrassment.

there are 8 quarterbacks in the league who are looking up at Brady in the QBR hierarchy this season:

Kenny Pickett
    Matt Ryan
    Aaron Rodgers
    Russell Wilson
    Mac Jones
    Davis Mills
    Carson Wentz
    Baker Mayfield

not much more needs to be said. i foresee him playing one last season with another team -- perhaps NE again -- and then, hopefully, for his sake, that's it.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭

It is interesting that the two best QBs last year (Rodgers & Brady) are both in the bottom 10 in QBR.

I am not sure it is father time as much as you believe. That said, I definitely have rose-colored glasses when it comes to evaluating Brady.

Robb

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2022 1:17PM

@fergie23 for the record, i neither like nor dislike the guy. i'm completely indifferent where he's concerned, therefore i'm just candidly sharing what i see. if anyone wants to defend Tom by saying he was going up against arguably the best D in the league yesterday, then i ask that you think back to the previous game when he was going up against a middling Saints defense. it was painful watching Tampa Bay trying to score in that game as well. yes, Tom had some late-game heroics and i give him credit for that. but that's not sustainable. you might be able to extricate a victory from the jaws of defeat against a highly incompetent team like New Orleans, but the moment you display that type of ineptitude against a true contender like San Francisco, you'll be wholly exposed and borderline embarrassed. and that's what happened yesterday.

i remember the days when Brady had guys like fergie23 and galaxy27 to throw to. he'd hang 35 on you in the blink of an eye. now with skill position players that exceed what he had for many years in New England, it's like pulling teeth for the Buccaneers to house one. it's not just Brady contributing to that, but his erosion is a huge factor.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2022 1:45PM

Mr. Irrelevant?.... What a concept! Hey!, everything and everyone West of The Rockies is irrelevant to 95% of the population!.... Whatever.....
    The Niners are for real......I know they're not the Eagles. Not even the COWBOYS!....... or the Chiefs or the Bills! We poor hicks out here just have to go with what little we have.....and be grateful for that.

Mr. Irrelevant Makes the GOAT look like Garbage

I'd Be Jumping for Joy Too!

As Folks Say Out Here In These Parts...
    "MIGHTY PURDY".....

GO NINERS!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

I assume you are kidding....there is nothing that could cause him to be supplanted as the GOAT.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2022 2:44PM

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

I assume you are kidding....there is nothing that could cause him to be supplanted as the GOAT.

Heyl, Boys and Girls......

For me, ...."Joe Cool" was the best at least who I ever saw play....I admit, I'm prejudiced......But again, like I keep saying..
    You Had To Be There!

God Almighty!.... Was He Ever Good!
    GO NINERS!

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2022 3:14PM

@Hydrant said:

For me, ...."Joe Cool" was the best at least who I ever saw play....I admit, I'm prejudiced......But again, like I keep saying..
    You Had To Be There!

God Almighty!.... Was He Ever Good!
    GO NINERS!

>

Montana had poise and confidence on the field. GOAT obviously did too but as @BillJones noted previously, he has lost a step this year. He should shut it down after this season, I hope he realizes it is over.

Purdy looked purdy darned good yesterday. He is bound to do some dumb things going forward but hopefully he can learn from them and the 'Niners can do well in the playoffs. I was worried about not having Jimmy G for the rest of the season but now there is still hope.

And I would love for Purdy to suddenly do so well that he becomes the legit starter for the 'Niners next year. The 2 guys penciled in seem to be injured too much, 'Niners need someone that can stay in the game.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

@Hydrant said:

Montana had poise and confidence on the field. GOAT obviously did too but as @BillJones noted previously, he has lost a step this year. He should shut it down after this season,

At least Montana retired at around 38. Brady should have gone out on top in 2021. Time always catches up to you wether you believe it or not.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Hydrant said:

Montana had poise and confidence on the field. GOAT obviously did too but as @BillJones noted previously, he has lost a step this year. He should shut it down after this season,

At least Montana retired at around 38. Brady should have gone out on top in 2021. Time always catches up to you wether you believe it or not.

I still remember that savage hit he took from Leanard Marshall, I saw that happen and that sped up the age thing on him pretty quickly

One thing about Brady is he has always had the knack for avoiding hits like that. Maybe luck maybe not

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold on, before we come to a conclusion on age I have to ask this guy's opinion - :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Tom Brady Loses To 'Mr. Irrelevant' And Has Massive Tantrum To Show For It

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/tom-brady-loses-mr-irrelevant-171408632.html

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tampa looks old and slow. They got their Super Bowl victory. Rams are next up on the old and slow schedule

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Brady wants to play beyond this year I would not count him out.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

do not count out the GOAT.

Keep in mind, he is currently missing 60% of last years OL.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Purdy looked OK but the biggest problem was the Tampa defense and the DB's in particular. They kept "losing" the 49ers receivers. Am I the only one who noticed that on the longer passes Purdy kept coming up short, but the WR's were so wide open that the passes were completed. With a more competent defense there would have been at least two int's and a different game.