Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Self "Restoration" attempt. Pics of the Final Results!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 12, 2022 12:19AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Picked these 3 Indians up from my favorite LCS.
They were $1 apiece in the Assorted Indian cent box. She just gave them to me FREE!
I decided to try to restore them to a decent appearance. Maybe, a bath of acetone, a few picking with the toothpick and q-tip use, would be successful? Nothing to lose, right?
They still have some details, behind that gunk.
:D

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin Care is good for cleaning off gunk and verdigris from bronze coins. Also, a rose thorn works better than a toothpick.

• Options

@IkesT said:
    Coin Care is good for cleaning off gunk and verdigris from bronze coins. Also, a rose thorn works better than a toothpick.

Thanks
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins I have had good results lifting off those deposits with Verdicare and a frayed edged wood toothpick. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Besides ebay, Where can I purchase Verdicare?
    :*

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Verdi Care costs a lot more than Coin Care. Why go with the expensive option for low-value coins?

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Wizardsupply.com I believe. They had some last I knew

• Options

Not at any Walgreens, CVS...?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go buddy. They’re the least expensive. Maybe 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before and after pictures would be good.... Or are the enlarged pictures the after shots?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, that's the stuff and Wizards the place.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    edited December 10, 2022 3:53PM

I picked this up at the recent show I went today!

I used it already on the 3 Indians.
    I see an improvement. Used 5 Q-Tips already.
    :D
    I display, shortly.
    B)
    :)

• Options

Here are the Results

BEFORE

AFTER

This last one appears to have a Strike Through.

The final results, after the acetone bath. Then the use of the "Coin Care." It did remove most of the gunk around the numbers/letters?
    Thanks guys.
    ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins ... Thanks for the before/after excellent pictures. They will make very nice album coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or does a top metal layer of the coins appear to be removed? The gunk came off but so did part of the coins?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file