Home Q & A Forum
Options

My order has wrong coin listed in submission, does this happen?

ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 8, 2022 8:36PM in Q & A Forum

I submitted several orders, 36 coins in all, 1 was a re-holder order. I was unable to submit the re-holder order online due to a technical issue. My orders were received and entered into the pcgs system and appear in the app. For the re-holder order, my PR67 1936 mercury dime is listed as a 2008 $1 coin. This is the one coin I was nervous about submitting, and of 36 coins in the submission is not referring correctly as submitted. Is it possible it's a typo or technical error? I tried to call, but the callback queue was full for the day and it hung up on me and told me to call back. The Order was sent USPS registered mail and everything was refecting correctly except the one coin.

Comments

• Options
    PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Yes it happens. I received a bulk order back last week and the label was wrong describing a 76 Ike Type 2 as a Type 1. Contact customer service (I prefer email) and they will eventually get back to you. Right now they seem to be around 4-5 days in returning messages.

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2022 2:35PM

I recall a recent thread about a similar situation (i.e., a discrepancy between what the poster said was submitted, and what PCGS acknowledged as received). So, it can, and does happen.

I humbly suggest:
    ~ e-mailing PCGS now, to document the concern;
    ~ and then calling PCGS on MON, in order to follow-up with a rep in real-time.

IIRC, the prior incident was successfully resolved.

Good Luck. :)

Edited to add:
    This is the thread I was thinking about. While not exactly the same, it sounds like a similar situation. Per the last post, it turned out to be a "data entry error" by PCGS, and it was corrected.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks all! I emailed on Thursday and did not get a response, but I called first thing this morning and talked to a service rep. She was very helpful and added an alert to the account. I was told that orders are opened under camera and it was a very secure process and it was likely just an error on the system, and it would likely be corrected when the coin went for imaging. Not the peace of mind I was looking for when the coin was listed was a multiple thousand dollar difference in value. Much to my surprise, the order was updated this afternoon in the system.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad that it worked out for you.

Best of luck with your pending grades.