Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This 1c 1988 rev of 1989 just happened.

RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
edited January 8, 2023 3:26AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Closed

We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

Comments

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Interesting

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Bowtie fantastic

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 3:26AM

    Closed

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jmlanzaf said:
    Bowtie fantastic

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 3:26AM

    Closed

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RobertLahti said:

    Thanks for the added info, I will have to learn more about this :)
    boston

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

    excellent find!

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Keep us updated on your discovery pieces! The challenging part will be getting a grading service to see it your way.

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

    I never realized this subject might be approaching a really unique offering in coin errors, a mismatched mule clash of 1989 on the obv of 1988

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2022 5:07PM

    @RobertLahti said:
    I never realized this subject might be approaching a really unique offering in coin errors, a mismatched clash of 1989 on the obv of 1988

    It makes sense that they had stopped the dies during that installation

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    But is it collectable? Is it worth searching for?

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2022 6:48PM

    @Steven59 said:
    But is it collectable? Is it worth searching for?

    The truth is. It's the smaller version of the 1c-1992 Close AM. The 1992, totals about 5 known. The 1c 1988 rev of 1989, far and away has the most slabs from ANACS, then ICG, then NGC. In total a little less than 100.

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

    @RobertLahti said:

    @Steven59 said:
    But is it collectable? Is it worth searching for?

    The truth is. It's the smaller version of the 1c-1992 Close AM. The 1992, totals about 5 known. The 1c 1988 rev of 1989, far and away has the most slabs from ANACS, then ICG, then NGC. In total a little less than 100.

    I'm sure it will be more interesting now that it has been exposed that a small percent of the 1988 rev of 1989 has a transitional not yet released die clash on the front of the coin it was struck in error on the reverse.

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Steven59 said:
    But is it collectable? Is it worth searching for?

    .
    you can look but good luck finding one, especially in nice unc.

    i haven't checked pops, although most are probably raw as it does have value but condition is key. circ is almost certainly not worth submitting but each grade in unc it goes up to, makes it much more appropriate for submission/attribution.

    i haven't given it an A+ effort but i do look at virtually every 88 i come across and i only found one, years ago.

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

    @RobertLahti said:

    @RobertLahti said:

    @Steven59 said:
    But is it collectable? Is it worth searching for?

    The truth is. It's the smaller version of the 1c-1992 Close AM. The 1992, totals about 5 known. The 1c 1988 rev of 1989, far and away has the most slabs from ANACS, then ICG, then NGC. In total a little less than 100.

    I'm sure it will be more interesting now that it has been exposed that a small percent of the 1988 rev of 1989 has a transitional not yet released die clash on the front of the coin it was struck in error on the reverse.

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭✭

    One thing is for certain... You look closely at the coins that come your way. I have to give you a lot of credit for how hard you work to try to find coins.

    I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

  • Options
    RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

    @NeophyteNumismatist said:
    One thing is for certain... You look closely at the coins that come your way. I have to give you a lot of credit for how hard you work to try to find coins.

    I look, therefore, I am.
    -Robert Lahti-

    We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice catch.... and good pictures to confirm the issue. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice. I've been trying to find one of those for a long time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file