Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1909-S-VDB Lincoln Cent For Attribution?

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I may have asked this question before. Sorry, I'm getting old.

I know the coin is damaged/detailed. However; if I paid to have it attributed, would/could a TPG'er ID it as an S-VDB if the die markers were there?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of all the empty area on that coin they had to put a hole in that location? They cleared the date, I wonder if they would have cleared a MM. I would "guess" they wouldn't slab this as an S mint.

• Options
    edited December 5, 2022 10:58AM

I know. I've had it for years. Don't even know or remember where I got. Someone said it my have been used as a button years ago.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely looks as if it were a button... and obviously drilled by a non coin collector..... I doubt, even if identifiable, a TPG would slab it as such... Maybe, consult with customer service. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Definitely looks as if it were a button... and obviously drilled by a non coin collector..... I doubt, even if identifiable, a TPG would slab it as such... Maybe, consult with customer service. Cheers, RickO

Good point Rick, thanks!

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 1 way to find out.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

I'll keep you posted.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more important question to me if they do slab it as an S VDB. What’s it worth. I’d say not much. But that’s just me

Martin

• Options

@Martin said:
    The more important question to me if they do slab it as an S VDB. What’s it worth. I’d say not much. But that’s just me

Martin

I would at least think it would be worth more then the slabbing fees.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file