Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pcgs not accepting re-holder?

ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

The online submission center says they are currently not accepting re-holder? I have 5 coins to submit for re-holder, one is a high value coin, can I submit with a paper form and still have it completed? Has anyone else run into this lately or know what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this what you are asking about?
    If so, then it is the "service levels listed below".

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2022 3:17PM

I did a bogus online submission for reholder and encountered no problems. Also, there is no mention of this on the PCGS Website.

Maybe try again.

• Options

I select US coins, then get this on the next page, not sure if you can see it, but the re-holder button is not active (greyed out). And it says they are not accepting at this time

• Options

I should add, I use the mobile website, not on a PC. I did contact pcgs but have not gotten a reply yet

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you have to do these on the paper form...

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to the phone and started a submission. US coins and next. The Reholder option is selectable for me. Did both standard and gold shield.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot locate anything on the PCGS website about the reholder service being suspended.

If PCGS does not respond in a timely manner, I would suggest using the paper form.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comes right up for me, $13 for the service. Got to the point of entering coins.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭

Gold shield reholder is an unavailable service to us, also.

• Options

I submitted with a paper form, hope it all works out. Not sure why that option is available for some, but not all?

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndeagles said:
    I submitted with a paper form, hope it all works out. Not sure why that option is available for some, but not all?

some coins or some platforms?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reconsideration is entering a "New Grading Service" effect.
    Should be interesting when the new guys actually start up.

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2022 7:04PM

I was able to select Gold Shield, cost for coins under $1000,000 is $18. If you want attribute added that is another $18. I did this on my iPad no problems.

Standard for reholder is $13 for coins under $2500 with $18 for attributes, again I was able to do this with my iPad.

Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file