Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Numismatic Book: The Templar Token

The book is available now on Amazon and E-kindle. Actually the full title is, The Templar Token: A Crusader Discovery of the Ark... Coined Onto Medieval Copper? And that pretty much explains what the book is about. It is a real-life numismatic mystery primarily focusing on one coin that could link crusaders to the lost Ark of the Covenant. But in order to fully explore this mystery, other numismatic areas are examined: ancient Roman coins, coins of ancient Judea, medieval coins of the Islamic world, medieval coins of the Byzantine Empire, medieval coins of Western Latin Europe and of course, coins of the crusaders. So... there is is. My shameless plug of the day.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EdHayes...
    'The Templar Token: A Crusader Discovery of the Ark... Coined Onto Medieval Copper?'
    All of that is the title of the book? It does sound interesting, is there a picture of the subject token? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would look it up on Amazon, but I do not want to receive 1,473 messages from Amazon offering to sell me Templars!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2022 10:39AM

From cover photo

• Options
    EdHayesEdHayes Posts: 39 ✭✭

In response to the above (not sure why I can't reply to specific posts for some reason) yes, the title is a bit long, or at least the sub-title is. But there are so many Templar books out there that I wanted to be very specific on what this book was about! Also, I didn't know that by browsing you get hit with ads for other Templar Books (???). P.S. Yes, the book does have pictures.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file