Home Sports Talk

RIP Christine McVie, the "SongBird" has died.

MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shocked and saddened to hear this news. For many/most of here we grew up listening to her voice with Fleetwood Mac.

Maywood.

https://theguardian.com/music/2022/nov/30/fleetwood-macs-christine-mcvie-dies-at-age-79

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan from their inception with the enigmatic Peter Green until the Buckingham/Nicks days when their sound changed. The first I really remember McVie singing was on "Bare Trees" from 1972 and I was hooked.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s just terrible.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2022 1:54PM

Oh, Well.....Many years ago....20(?).....a friend of mine invited The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ and me to a local club to see The Electric Light Orchestra. He was a very well known concert promoter.....Anyway, Christine McVie was there and she came over and sat at our table for the show......They knew each other. Later on she went on stage and sang a song...I don't remember what it was........The thing that caught my attention about her was that she was an older lady....60(?).......I had a younger person in mind........Anyway, she seemed like a nice lady and I always thought that she was the best thing Fleetwood Mac had going for it......BUT!......If you want to check out her really rocking' days?......That was when she was in a band called Chicken Shack!!....I think she went by the name Christine Perfect at that time. They were GREAT!....

Perhaps, Showboat will be so kind as to post Chicken Shacks "TEARS IN THE WIND."...... It's on YouTube and very appropriate for this time.....

R.I.P.

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOVE her voice.
    Best singer in that group.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP. I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan as well, I love her on the song "Little Lies", that song always mellows me out.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2022 2:33PM

McVie was the backbone

Fleetwood Mac never would have sniffed universal success without her

what's extremely eerie is that i heard this song just the other day after about 20 or so years.............."what a voice" was running through my head the entire time i was listening and reminiscing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg1t-fqhbf8

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Oh, Well.....Many years ago....20(?).....a friend of mine invited The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ and me to a local club to see The Electric Light Orchestra. He was a very well known concert promoter.....Anyway, Christine McVie was there and she came over and sat at our table for the show......They knew each other. Later on she went on stage and sang a song...I don't remember what it was........The thing that caught my attention about her was that she was an older lady....60(?).......I had a younger person in mind........Anyway, she seemed like a nice lady and I always thought that she was the best thing Fleetwood Mac had going for it......BUT!......If you want to check out her really rocking' days?......That was when she was in a band called Chicken Shack!!....I think she went by the name Christine Perfect at that time. They were GREAT!....

Perhaps, Showboat will be so kind as to post Chicken Shacks "TEARS IN THE WIND."...... It's on YouTube and very appropriate for this time.....

R.I.P.

https://youtu.be/5Hy-3wUGz18

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • One of my favorites...pre Buckingham/Nicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJtRnazW20

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you become my age many of our idols pass and with everyone it hits home.
    My era of music was the early 70’s. Most stars were 10 years older if not more than me. I’ve watched us lose Joe Cocker, Alvin Lee, all the Ramones etc over the years. It never gets easier with each passing.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    My era of music was the early 70’s. Most stars were 10 years older if not more than me. I’ve watched us lose Joe Cocker, Alvin Lee, all the Ramones etc over the years. It never gets easier with each passing.

We are now just about ten years after Alvin Lee's passing.

Daniel
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2022 6:53AM

double post

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Her work on the TUSK album is fantastic.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@2dueces said:

I see what you did there. Only a handful on this board will understand.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

:)

• fightfraud24fightfraud24 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2022 4:18PM

@BaltimoreYankee said:

We are now just about ten years after Alvin Lee's going home.

One of these day the rest of the board will figure it out

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said: One of these day the rest of the board will figure it out.

Slow down a little, we're all not as dense as you think. It was a clever play on words. :)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fallen Angel.

@Maywood said:
    @2dueces said: One of these day the rest of the board will figure it out.

Slow down a little, we're all not as dense as you think. It was a clever play on words. :)

I forget that this board has a lot of old timers unlike Blow Out Cards. I swear I could put all my money into hot pockets and turn a profit over there

W.C.Fields